Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I want to swap my OEM antenna with a sharkfin... Are shark fins universal? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks :)

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,045 Posts
Several are available on Amazon.com. I'm installing one for my aftermarket xm stereo.

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,045 Posts
You can search Amazon, there are several universal and several you would have to maybe modify to use. you will take a significant hit on reception with a shark fin antenna according to the reviews.

If you are after better reception the Firestik AM/FM is about the best you can get, here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/Firestik-AMFM4-B-ft-122-Receive-Antenna/dp/B00P9J4XJG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1478208423&sr=8-2&keywords=am+fm+antenna+firestik

I usually listen to xm radio, and for that I got this antenna: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016HW7VG/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are they easy to install? Is it just an unplug and plug back? Or is it something more complicated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,045 Posts
Because of where the antenna is located on the drivers side forward roof pillar I would assume that you would have to get creative on where to mount it. if I was doing a 4 ft firestik I would make a mount that comes off the spare tire rack and is abut 3" above the spare. Running the antenna cable would be fun.

If putting a shark fin on the roof, you would definitely have to get creative. Probably would require removing the headliner.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh wow, yea not that savvy to be playing with the headliner hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts