Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2020 Rav4 Limited Hybrid sticker price 0ver $42,000. Why cant Toyota illuminate every dam Switch! I should never need a flashlight to find a switch. The cargo light is so dim it is worthless. Charge more money if you have to, but I find this a safety hazard and unacceptable for a car that costs this much money. I hope Toyota selects me to do a in depth survey. I want to tell them how every single person in the 2017 Rav4 online paid focus group I participated in all agreed about this, and Toyota didn’t listen to a single word.
Toyota going places in the dark! Hey Toyota Jan sorry you are getting wet I can’t find the window switch.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The lighting is awful. No lit window switches, dim overhead and cargo lights, and the blue footwell provide almost zero light. This is my biggest gripe about the car (unless my engine block is recalled).

I cant remember whether or not my gas tank switch is lit up. This car gets such good gas mileage I seldom have to fill up!

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'm not bothered by the window switch illumination. I've had several other cars that work the same way, and it's pretty easy to work by touch. The lack of illumination on the lock button bothered me for a while (it's far less tactile than the window buttons) until I turned off the setting that automatically locked the doors.

FYI, there's a thread on the interior forum on how to add illuminated switches from similar, compatible models. It's not too expensive or hard (which also means Toyota didn't exactly save that much money and could have easily illuminated them).

But the one that really bothers me are the switches to illuminate the cabin lights. They're impossible to find by touch, and there's a certain annoying irony that you need to turn on a light to find the light switch. My old RAV you could just push the light itself: simple, elegant, effective. Nobody's found a way to illuminate these switches. And yet, the ugly SOS button is backlit. Yeah, that one bothers me a lot.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm not bothered by the window switch illumination. I've had several other cars that work the same way, and it's pretty easy to work by touch. The lack of illumination on the lock button bothered me for a while (it's far less tactile than the window buttons) until I turned off the setting that automatically locked the doors.

FYI, there's a thread on the interior forum on how to add illuminated switches from similar, compatible models. It's not too expensive or hard (which also means Toyota didn't exactly save that much money and could have easily illuminated them).

But the one that really bothers me are the switches to illuminate the cabin lights. They're impossible to find by touch, and there's a certain annoying irony that you need to turn on a light to find the light switch. My old RAV you could just push the light itself: simple, elegant, effective. Nobody's found a way to illuminate these switches. And yet, the ugly SOS button is backlit. Yeah, that one bothers me a lot.
Just wondering- do you happen to have the dimensions of the 2018 overhead console? I’m trying to see if that one will have the same dimensions (and thus perhaps be compatible) with 2019 RAV4?

·
Registered
244 Posts
See this post for comprehensive information how to replace the driver side window master switch with a backlit one. Depending on which one you choose it can cost as little as $45 or as much as $350 for a brand new switch.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Just wondering- do you happen to have the dimensions of the 2018 overhead console? I’m trying to see if that one will have the same dimensions (and thus perhaps be compatible) with 2019 RAV4?
I don't, sorry. But looking at photos online, they seem to be completely different. I don't think there's going to be a good solution for this one. My only thought right now is to put a light inside the assembly and hope some leaks around the cracks between the switches.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts