Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

T-SB-0023-15 (RAV4) 2013-2015 Toyota Rav4 Transmission Shudder Warranty Extension ZH1

14K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  D3stro 
#1 ·
Is anyone familiar with this TSB ?

I called my local dealer who told me my 2015 LTD was not covered because my VIN is W and this TSB ended with E. They had no comment when I told them I was experiencing this shudder, but didn't know what it was until I read about this TSB.

The W is the letter before the last 6 digits in the VIN. Does anyone have a decipher key for a Toyo VIN ? I have only found a generic one so far...

#6 ·
Mine was done 4 weeks ago. Day and night compared to what it was. The RAV4 seem less hesitating when pressing on the pedal, and no more vibration.

It was a long process for mine, first in mid-April, the dealer had to confirm it what the issue, made be comeback 5 weeks later for doing the job. But Toyota Canada wanted to be "sure" this was the issue and asked from the tech a lot of infos to give the ok for doing the job....had to go back in mid-june but on the day they were supposed to do it, they couldn't, nearly made me comeback the next month but someone at service yelled out for me so my car was done on the next two days.

They passed me a base 2014 Corrola...what a rubbish car...when my 9 year old daughter could argue it was a crap car compared to the RAV4... can't go wrong lol

Envoyé de mon SM-A520W en utilisant Tapatalk

#8 ·
I have a 2014 XLE 100k mine was slipping between 2 and 3 brought it in and it’s covered they’re replacing torque converter and transmission fluid which I was going to do but decided to have it checked first glad I did all covered under recall $1700.00!!!

#13 ·
Posting back on this thread about this TSB.
Can the issue show up again?
After 17 months the job was made on my 2013 RAV4, feel like it is doing it again.
Hesitation when throttle at 1/4, 1/2 opened. Feel a slight vibration at low speed when not pressing much on the pedal...

Envoyé de mon SM-A520W en utilisant Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.