3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TSB Number: T-SB-0398-09
Bulletin Title: Engine Bank 1 and Bank 2 A/F and O2 Identification
Release Date: December 23, 2009
Applicable Year(s): 1994-2010
File Size: 786kb PDF
Download: http://rav4world.com/tsb/T-SB-0398-09.pdf

Description: This service bulletin provides information on the proper identification of engine bank 1 and engine bank 2 for correct A/F sensor and oxygen sensor replacement. This bulletin contains information that identifies engine bank 1 and engine
bank 2 on the following engines:
1AZ-FE, 2AZ-FE, 2AZ-FE (PZEV), 1GR-FE, 2GR-FE, 2JZ-GE, 1MZ-FE, 3MZ-FE, 1UR-FE, 3UR-FE, 2UZ-FE, 5VZ-FE, and 1ZZ-FE.

R4W Comments: The information contained in this TSB supersedes TSB No. EG034-07.
• Applicability has been updated to include 2009 – 2010 model year vehicles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am trying to find other 1st gen. Rav owners with unusual rusting on the K-frame(front cross member)Mine is a 99 and is rotted through. I want people to check theirs and email me if you do. Also call corporate to complain ,trying to get a recall, they assigned me a case number and said it was the only of its kind, I find this hard to believe. Looksa like my tacoma and the tundras. if you do find this call corporate and file a complaint 800-331-4331. my inspection is up in oct and i cant drive it any more. still have 1 year of payments left. Bullcrap!! Please help me and others with the same problem

·
Registered
11 Posts
cross member problem also

I have a 2000 rav4 with 108k, the front cross member is also rusted out, Toyota claims they havent heard of this, I have contacted the above member, and also filed a complaint with toyota

·
Registered
514 Posts
I am trying to find other 1st gen. Rav owners with unusual rusting on the K-frame(front cross member)Mine is a 99 and is rotted through. I want people to check theirs and email me if you do. Also call corporate to complain ,trying to get a recall, they assigned me a case number and said it was the only of its kind, I find this hard to believe. Looksa like my tacoma and the tundras. if you do find this call corporate and file a complaint 800-331-4331. my inspection is up in oct and i cant drive it any more. still have 1 year of payments left. Bullcrap!! Please help me and others with the same problem
I also have a 99 with rusting front crossmember. But I don't think Toyota will do anything about that at this point though. The RAV is 12 years old. Anyway, is there a dedicated thread just for this issue? Keep me posted. I'll check this thread from time to time.

Thanks,
Erwin

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would like to ask at the expense of spare parts:

I would like to ask at the expense of spare parts:
1.How should be closed original packaging (I've seen: 1. Aprons brown box with red letters the word Toyota and 2. Red box with white aprons word repeating letters Toyota)?
2.It should be with a sticker on the junction of opening the box?
As far as my memory serves me in the store salesman showed tension roller timing in the red package from Toyota and from the same manufacturer's commercial for Toyota in the blue box, and both have been opened?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts