T-SB-0398-09 / Engine Bank 1 & 2 A/F and O2 Identification / 12-23-09

3286 4
TSB Number: T-SB-0398-09
Bulletin Title: Engine Bank 1 & Bank 2 A/F and O2 Identification
Release Date: December 23, 2009
Applicable Year(s): 1994-2010
File Size: 786kb PDF
Download: http://rav4world.com/tsb/T-SB-0398-09.pdf

Description: This service bulletin provides information on the proper identification of engine bank 1 and engine bank 2 for correct A/F sensor and oxygen sensor replacement. This bulletin contains information that identifies engine bank 1 and engine
bank 2 on the following engines:
1AZ-FE, 2AZ-FE, 2AZ-FE (PZEV), 1GR-FE, 2GR-FE, 2JZ-GE, 1MZ-FE, 3MZ-FE, 1UR-FE, 3UR-FE, 2UZ-FE, 5VZ-FE, and 1ZZ-FE.

R4W Comments: The information contained in this TSB supersedes TSB No. EG034-07.
• Applicability has been updated to include 2009 – 2010 model year vehicles.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Does this apply to uk models as well? the garage has been having trouble with ID after replacing two sensors and eml light has come on agian after about 100 miles or so. Ive ordered one of them cheap code readers to see if I can get codes because he won't tell me origonal codes he wants me to pay to check his work?

· Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
17,508 Posts
Does this apply to uk models as well? the garage has been having trouble with ID after replacing two sensors and eml light has come on agian after about 100 miles or so. Ive ordered one of them cheap code readers to see if I can get codes because he won't tell me origonal codes he wants me to pay to check his work?
Yes, this document applies to UK petrol engines as well. It doesn't list the diesels.

· Registered
2 Posts
Thanks James, The car is going in to toyota hopfully to have the ECU re-mapped I think it is, I believe this should have been done first because of this problem of faulse code readings, I think I read it under the bulitins but can't find it now.
Looking at some of the threads they have changed everything 4 sensors, cat and then found out that it was an upgrade mapping of ecu needed and some done under garentee which mine being 2001 would be out now but the garage has asked me to have it done and he would pay. Hopfully this will fix my problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.