Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering whether someone adapted Tacoma wheels / TRD wheels on our cars? I like them cause they make them look "beefy". https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/2015-oem-toyota-4runner-trail-premium-wheels-tires.388219/

also 2007-2017 TOYOTA TACOMA NEW FACTORY TRD 17" ALLOY 6 SPOKE MATTE GRAY WHEEL | eBay

What adapters do I need and which tires are possible? Can I go with a 5 to 6 adapter easily also from 114.3 to 139 without having issues on bearings and overall noise or sth? I like the small wheel size and fat tire on it. Any suggestions for tires, it will be used for daily driving, highway, city and not for trail or sth, just for the look of it.

Appreciate your replies.
Sergi

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would be interested in this info as well. I think those wheels would look great on the Rav. I just picked up a 2012 V6 base model a week ago.

If anyone has any ideas for wheels that have similar styling that would fit, I'd be interested in that also.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think you can find the same look in aftermarket wheels that are made to fit. I've done a 4 lug to 5 lug conversion before and it is not as simple as you would think. By the time you are all done making those wheels fit on the Rav, I think you will realize it would have cost you half as much to just go to Discount Tires and buy a set that looks similar. Some modifications just aren't worth it.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
2wd tacomas use a 5x4.5 bolt pattern. They should more or less fit our RAVs. The only issue is that most of the 2wd came with steel wheels. Not too many alloy options other than the one pictured previously.

THe 4wd came with a 6*5.5 pattern. These are more common and nicer, but you will have to use an adaptor. Most 5 to 6 lug adaptors are 2" thick. That is a lot of offset to add and will most likely not work out well

4 WHEEL SPACERS ADAPTERS| 5x4.5 to 6x5.5 | 2" THICK | 5 LUG to 6 LUG | eBay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts