Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The side opening tailgate squeaking and rattling driving me crazy any ideas on a fix.thanks for any solutions.

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
So far the rear door on my RAV4 doesn't rattle, but if it did I would install additional rubber shims so that the door fit to the body is tighter, as I have with previous hatch doors which actually did rattle. Doesn't appear that the RAV4 latch or horizontal V-shaped door contact near the bottom are adjustable.

·
Your Humble Administrator
16,418 Posts
I bought new pieces and hardware. They weren't pricey. And the new ones are black which look cleaner.
That looks great! I might want to do that myself. Do you happen to have the part numbers? How much force did it take to remove those Torx screws? I think I would remove and paint the three rusty screws for the door latch.

·
Registered
66 Posts
That looks great! I might want to do that myself. Do you happen to have the part numbers? How much force did it take to remove those Torx screws? I think I would remove and paint the three rusty screws for the door latch.
I got new ones for the latch. Just hadn't come in yet. I'll see if I can dig up the slips to get the pn's.
They broke loose easily. BTW.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
urogolf
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing