Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
okay back.. 250 miles. First fillup (with 1 week of stop and go work driving added in) was 22 mpg.. Speeds up to 85 mph.. drive home. most highway at speed limites .. 29 mpg. :) Car performed flawlessly! A guy we met was floored at the paint job of it and as couple we drove while there is gonna get one they loved ours so much..:)

·
Registered
252 Posts
flyingn said:
okay back.. 250 miles. First fillup (with 1 week of stop and go work driving added in) was 22 mpg.. Speeds up to 85 mph.. drive home. most highway at speed limites .. 29 mpg. :) Car performed flawlessly! A guy we met was floored at the paint job of it and as couple we drove while there is gonna get one they loved ours so much..:)
Wow flyingn! That's great! I think that 29 MPG is the highest number I've seen in all the reported values. Just when I thought I should have got the V6...hahaha

H

·
0 Posts
We have the V6 and averaged 29 MPG when we went on our 1400 mile trip. We were shocked that a V6, using regualr gas got such great gas milage.

P

·
0 Posts
Yup,

It is utterly foolish to get the 4. Yes, I have the 4 and it sickens me everyday.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well they don't all get 29mpg.. I just got back from a ~1500mile trip and the best I could do was 25.7mpg. I still consider this good, but I don't know how people are getting 29 unless they're going 55mph for the entire tank. Do you guys have the 4wd or 2wd? Mine is 4wd. Oh and I had 4 people with luggage in the vehicle for half the trip and 3 people for the other half. Cruising speed was generally around 70-75mph using cruise control. A/C was on because it was almost 90 degrees the whole time.

·
Registered
36 Posts
That is why I said I'm happy with the mileage I got on the trip. I was just wondering what the circumstances are when people are getting at or above the rated highway mileage.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts