Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help! please ,i have a tapping or ticking noise from central base of windscreen somewhere....darn annoying,any ideas anybody?

T

·
0 Posts
Fan bearings wearing down? Does it happen if you turn off the fans? Can you be more specific about how/when it happens?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Yes, if you provide more details you will probably get more (and more helpful) comments. Under what conditions does the noise occur?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tapping or ticking noise

hi again everyone,this noise seems to come from the base of windscreen,just in front of the left hand side of the heater slot ,the noise seems to be worse when you drive over bumps or bad road surfaces,its sounds like something metal lightly tapping the glass.....wierd,frustrating & annoying.

M

·
0 Posts
how do we know it is not the dreaded windscreen rattle, my 2003 nrg had it, even though the dealer said the second version had been cured of it, anyway, they took it apart padded it out and put it all back, no rattle since....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tapping noise

many thanks guys,had thought it may need dash removing,but see its all exterior work so will book it under my guarantee with dealer shortly,cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts