Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen both the ash and taupe cloth interiors in person? Any opinions on one being better than another in appearance. I haven't seen the taupe interior yet, but was thinking it would look better with Pacific Blue than ash and my order still isn't going through until today, so I have a chance to change my mind still. I just want to see if anyone has seen it and thinks it is particularly objectionable versus the ash (especially the plastic parts of the interior).

Thanks!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
red, dark blue, and black always look better with beige/tan vs grey.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Now that's definetly a matter of opinion Jynx.

I've got the Nautical Mettalic Blue w/ Ash grey leather interior and the combo is terrific looking.

NetMinder:
That being said, I do think that the lighter color Pacific Blue would probably look better with the Taupe interior vs. the Ash. But of course would have to see the combos being discussed to give a real opinion since I haven't seen them yet.

Gotta pick up my RAV at the dealer on the way home (got it with a chipped windshield which got fixed today) so I'll see what they have on the lot and let you know what I thought...

·
Registered
654 Posts
Definitely a subjective call. I personally like the Pacific Blue with the taupe better. The grey was too close in hue, which made the combo seem a bit bland to me. I thought the Pac. Blue with the taupe brought out the brightness of the blue.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I in no way would consider taupe. Too light, especially if you have children. Im so glad my everglade came with gray.

·
Registered
168 Posts
flyingn said:
the first RAV we saw and drive was indeed pacific blue/taupe. Beautiful. We ended up with red/taupe. The taupe is pretty. look at my album to see the interior.
Is your logo on the steering wheel gold?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the great responses. Sounds like I won't regret going with the Taupe. I put in the order with my broker and am expecting to hear back tomorrow on how long it will take and what kind of deal he is able to get. Before I decided I was going to go with the V6, he found me a pretty loaded I4 Limited for $1400 off MSRP. Not too bad, though it sounds like some have done even better. I'd be pretty happy if I can get something close to that on my order, but somehow I doubt it.

purduealum, I hear you with the kids and stains. I'm already resigned to the fact that my 19 month old is going to find a way to tear it up, payback for the hell I caused my parents. We have a Prius with ash interior and so far we haven't had any problems, but that's probably just luck and the fact that he is just getting into throwing stuff all over from his childseat. I was thinking that either of them would be vulnerable to stains because they are both pretty light. I originally wanted the sport and it's charcoal interior for that reason, but my wife didn't like the idea of the tighter suspension and she wanted the dual zone auto ac, so she can clean the stains. :wink:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I really love the interior on our new RAV...I like how it has the two colors! Not only on the dash...but, through the entire vehicle.

I also have pics of the interior in my photo album. I need to take some photos of the backseat area and add that, however (it is too cold this weekend here in Texas...in the 20s! I'm staying HOME!).

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
purduealum91 said:
Well, I in no way would consider taupe. Too light, especially if you have children. Im so glad my everglade came with gray.
The taupe isnt any lighter than the grey.....just a different color...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts