Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we had a meeting with some Heineken, cold (at last, cold beers). The theme was my Turbo installation. One teacher (who is a master mechanic) told me that posi for FWD is a little dangerous when running Turbos. :doh::eek::shock: He said: Once you step on the throttle, both FWD tires will start to spine, if to hard, it will over steer.

On the contrary, if you aggressively step on the throttle it will happen. But if you feather the throttle. Over steer can be reduces.

Will posi benefit or will it hurt performance. Sound off.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KhacBp6O0QTm3pEe2

·
Super Moderator
11,100 Posts
Wouldn't posi help reduce or eliminate torque steer?

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Agree with RTF. If there is no posi, one wheel may spin and lose traction while the other may grip and send you into a spin or very heavy oversteer (maybe even in the wrong direction) especially with full throttle.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys, that said, I have my eyes on a Cusco Posi. But not for my FWD trans-axle. But, it can be slightly modify so it can work. After my inquiry to a gentlemen,Pablo, from Andy's Auto Sport. He told me that he can help but he will need some time to consult with Cusco gets back to him. The Celica, MR2 trans-axle are very similar. Lets wait see. :nerd

LSD

·
Registered
406 Posts
LSDs can be tricky in a FWD. In a straight line, it can pull you slightly sideways; with a lot of steering lock on at low speed, it can whip the steering wheel out of your hands.

Manufacturers have spent a lot of time getting acceptable performance in a FWD.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LSDs can be tricky in a FWD. In a straight line, it can pull you slightly sideways; with a lot of steering lock on at low speed, it can whip the steering wheel out of your hands.

Manufacturers have spent a lot of time getting acceptable performance in a FWD.
Well guys, lets hear some constructive criticism. What do you think? :nerd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts