Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just bought a mini-vci J2534 and techstream V12.10.019 and the cable I believe is 1.4.1 firmware. and got everything working for my 2007 Rav4 V6 Limited but no customization options (ie windows, doors and etc). I am new at Techstream and wanted to see if the year of 2007 was supported to customize or not yet? and if it was, is it the software that needs to be newer/older or the cable I have is old (just learned that OBD2 cable firmware matters and wanted to confirm). Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Could be issue with the cable or the Techstream version compatibility with your pc operating system. I have an 07 Rav4 and the customize setting is there. The version I have is 10.10.018 though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be issue with the cable or the Techstream version compatibility with your pc operating system. I have an 07 Rav4 and the customize setting is there. The version I have is 10.10.018 though.
I see the customize setting button but when I go to it and double click on lets say power windows no options come up.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I was having the same issue and ended up buying 3 different adapters thinking is their fault.
Actually it was the drivers and the fact that I had a 64 bit Windows7.
Also, even with that, not all the windows have customization. I guess there is nothing to customize there?

I forgot what I did, I think this is the link that made it work:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was having the same issue and ended up buying 3 different adapters thinking is their fault.
Actually it was the drivers and the fact that I had a 64 bit Windows7.
Also, even with that, not all the windows have customization. I guess there is nothing to customize there?

I forgot what I did, I think this is the link that made it work:
I put it on my 64bit Windows 10 Home Edition. The software worked but didn't see any customization for any thing (lights, sunroof, locks and etc). The items are there under the customization button and when double click nothing comes up.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Yeah, try to follow that link, there is some registry editing needed for 64 bit.
Like I said, my laptop has Windows 7 x64, so I don't know it will work on Windows 10.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Yeah, try to follow that link, there is some registry editing needed for 64 bit.
Like I said, my laptop has Windows 7 x64, so I don't know it will work on Windows 10.
I heard WIN10 does work but you to need to search for it in the forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts