Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Tried to search for info but so many open topics so I decided to ask directly.

I have few TIS versions. Just want to setup new TPMS sensor.

in case of v14 - I haven't got UTILITY option so I can just review without changing
v13 - soft did not ask about car model etc. Only I have option to choose car version - but it doesn't match to this what I was told by Toyota - no such an option.

Any idea how to use v14 with Utility option to edit TPMS numbers?

thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
The original TPMS sensors do not need to be registered, they are automatically registered during the initialization of the TPMS system. I set myself 4 new wheels with winter tires, in which there were new original TPMS sensors. Through the menu I did the initialization of the TPMS system and they automatically registered.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used not original. I used CUB - made a clone and now I have same numbers as original - but doesn't work; so trying to connect via MVCI and update;

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Solved:

V14 installed again.
Utility option appeareed.
Sensors cloned (CUB) from original.
Sensors detected, error in history, but cloned CUB sensors active and ok.
ECU/DLC3 error history removed.

Icon stopped blinking and after tyre pressure setup - disappeared (so far)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Solved:

V14 installed again.
Utility option appeareed.
Sensors cloned (CUB) from original.
Sensors detected, error in history, but cloned CUB sensors active and ok.
ECU/DLC3 error history removed.

Icon stopped blinking and after tyre pressure setup - disappeared (so far)
I did some research on how to use Techstream but got a little lost with cable revisions and software versions and whatnot. May I ask what all you are using? IE what cable, what software, and where did you get each? Is there a subscription, etc.

·
Premium Member
6,724 Posts
Mini vci cable and software

V13.00.022 doesn't support the 5th gen, V13.30.018 dtd Dec 2018 was the earliest version to support customization on 5th gen, V14 would be best for an HV.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Yes I know. You can update to the latest version once you have a working version installed.

I guess if he has the v13.30 avalible he might as well start with that.

·
Registered
68 Posts
V13.00.022 doesn't support the 5th gen, V13.30.018 dtd Dec 2018 was the earliest version to support customization on 5th gen, V14 would be best for an HV.

I just ordered this one with V14. Is the software essentially a cracked version of Teachstream that doesn't need a dealer license?

·
Premium Member
6,724 Posts
I just ordered this one with V14. Is the software essentially a cracked version of Teachstream that doesn't need a dealer license?
The last one I installed required a key, I provided the software ID to the seller after installation, he emailed the key to activate it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The last one I installed required a key, I provided the software ID to the seller after installation, he emailed the key to activate it.
I got Techstream installed and activated, but I'm having a hard time with the MiniVCI adapter. I got it connected to the RAV once, but it was painfully slow and then TS crashed and won't communicate any more. This feels like a heck of a lot of effort to increase the blinker repeat count, ha.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I got Techstream installed and activated, but I'm having a hard time with the MiniVCI adapter. I got it connected to the RAV once, but it was painfully slow and then TS crashed and won't communicate any more. This feels like a heck of a lot of effort to increase the blinker repeat count, ha.
In general, techstream tends to be very slow.

Is your Rav4 "on" - doesn't have to be running but two clicks of the smart ignition. I believe the vehicle has to be on in order to communicate through your cable.

·
Registered
68 Posts
In general, techstream tends to be very slow.

Is your Rav4 "on" - doesn't have to be running but two clicks of the smart ignition. I believe the vehicle has to be on in order to communicate through your cable.
Yeah, the ignition was on. It was slow to load but got the ECU status page. When I clicked "Customize Settings" or whatever, it completely froze up. Maybe I'll try it again and just let it sit.

·
Premium Member
6,724 Posts
What's the firmware version? V2.0.4 is the best, the earlier firmware version was problematic with later versions of TS, IIRC. At this point you'd be well ahead just to buy Carista on Amazon if you only want to change the lane change blinks, you get a 30 day trial of the customization and other pro features.

·
Registered
68 Posts
What's the firmware version? V2.0.4 is the best, the earlier firmware version was problematic with later versions of TS, IIRC. At this point you'd be well ahead just to buy Carista on Amazon if you only want to change the lane change blinks, you get a 30 day trial of the customization and other pro features.

I bought the one that was listed above on ebay. It's a Chinese clone of the X-Horse connector (I think? I'm parroting what I think I've learned while googling) with firmware 1.4.1. I actually had seen the listings promising firmware 2.0.4 but they were significantly more expensive.

I'd considered Carista but thought Techstream would be more permanent for future troubleshooting and whatnot. Carista is my backup plan if I can't get this going.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts