Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

141 - 147 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Myx - Why can't you put a cat downstream in the exhaust? Assuming it's needed for inspection - inspection up here only looks to see if one is present.

Tek - if your fab guy was able to duplicate what he did with the headers would they bolt to the stock equipment?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Myx - Why can't you put a cat downstream in the exhaust? Assuming it's needed for inspection - inspection up here only looks to see if one is present.

Tek - if your fab guy was able to duplicate what he did with the headers would they bolt to the stock equipment?
The way the WR fwd sienna header runners are situated the rear header could not be made to bolt up to stock ypipe at all in stock form. WR setup centered over the driveshaft and the stock rear ypipe is offset on the driver's side of the driveshaft. You would need to rework the stock ypipe - but I wouldn't, its trash design anyway and should be one of replaced with a better designed merge.

In every 4wd 2GRFE platform, vehicle owners always notice an improvement from replacing stock ypipe with a better design. Some have even noticed an improvement with the Walker replacements surprisingly. But its just been dyno proven that the 2GRFE responded better to an X-Pipe vs Ypipe.

2009 RAV4 Sport V6 4WD SAP ** 14.104 @ 97.15mph 1/4 mile "all motor" ** Nitrous powered 2GRFE - 13.36 @ 105.61. ** Login • Instagram

·
Registered
51 Posts
Great info, thanks!!
Loving the build, keep up the great work

Reactions: TEKSMRT

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I didn't want the cats to have a problem heating up from being to far from the exhaust manifold.

I want to copy what TekSmrt has done here with his pieces because it seems like a great setup but with the addition of cats that I need.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I didn't want the cats to have a problem heating up from being to far from the exhaust manifold.

I want to copy what TekSmrt has done here with his pieces because it seems like a great setup but with the addition of cats that I need.
Can you get away with highflow's or do they need to be CARB compliant? I've gotten cars in the past to pass an emissions test with nothing more than a high flow, which is basically a resonator. They also make mini cats that would fit at the collectors with some o2 wire extensions. The cats react to contamination and heat up, they should be fine that far down stream.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Can you get away with highflow's or do they need to be CARB compliant? I've gotten cars in the past to pass an emissions test with nothing more than a high flow, which is basically a resonator. They also make mini cats that would fit at the collectors with some o2 wire extensions. The cats react to contamination and heat up, they should be fine that far down stream.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
High flows are perfect. I don't get the visual inspections. Only testing from the ECU.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I passed a lot of ECU tests in my IS300 without cats and an O2 simulator. Never tried the spacer trick, but heard that works well.
I put the cats back on my IS purely for sound reasons... no cats + 3" exhaust allowed me to drown out straight piped harleys :)

141 - 147 of 147 Posts