Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just on the Toyota web site looking at some specs. Noticed it said tilt/telescopic Steering wheel. Tell me it's true :shock: ! Is it what I think it is? I don't get mine till Wed next week and I never tried (cuz I never knew).

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It didn't seem to travel very far when telescoping. I won't speculate from memory but maybe a current owner can provide the actual travel distance.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quickdtoo said:
Telescopic range is 1.57" or 40mm and 1.18" or 30mm of tilt range, from the FSM.
Only 1.57" ??? That is luxury indeed. Last time I checked the long sleeve dress shirts in the men's department ran 30", 32". & 34" :cry:

Typical arm length seems to span 4 inches then ???
Maybe it's not that much in Japan ??? (and no I'm not trying to be funny)

·
Registered
13 Posts
The wheel doesn't tilt down far enough either...I like the steering wheel low (almost in my lap)....like most American cars do. Wonder if this is something that could be modified...where's my torch :idea:

·
Registered
63 Posts
The wheel doesnt telescope enough for me to sit back in the seat in such a way where, my left foot is comfortable on the grip on the floor and I am still able to comfortably grip the wheel without looking like an Indy Car driver.

I'm 6 ft and have been accused of short arms but for me it could have telescoped further. Still nice.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
telescoping is nice... it really an great feature that helps a lot.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
my wife has it in all the way so that she can reach the pedals and still not be to close too the air bag while I put all the way out. I like it to.

spwolfx said:
telescoping is nice... it really an great feature that helps a lot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts