Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RAV4 2010. Sometimes ago, kid drops a pencil on the left ventilation centre grilled (on top of the radio). We heard it made its way down, we heard it. We recently discovered that the temperature control knob is stuck at mid course and would not go any further and we do not want to force it. Can't figure it out how to get the pencil out of there or if it's the root cause of the stuck control knob.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
You may need to take the dash out which is a lot of work. Another way is just take the vent covers off and reach in with a flexible pickup tool, you may get lucky but it is simplier than removing the whole dash.

Do a search removing radio on youtube to get the vent covers off. It is actually very easy. Pop off the left and right trim and then pull the vent out. (unplug wires before)

·
Registered
115 Posts
My 07 has a spot mid Temp that sticks all the time. If I am going from Cold to Hot and it gets stuck at warm I need to go back towards cold about 1/2 way and then turn it to Hot very quickly. You can feel the sticking point in the turn knob but it seems to skip by it. Had to replace the knob a few years ago and the cable is a double cable, I think the problems lies in where one cable goes from pulling to being pulled by the other cable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts