Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have both the dash and mirror (factory) temp guages. They display either the same temp or 1 too maximum 2 degrees difference. Does anyone else notice this?

Are they running of the same thermometer?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
The mirror's temp sensor is usually behind the front bumper cover, at least that's where Gentex (the manufacturer) always tells people to install it.

I think the RAV's sensor might be one of those buttons in the top left hand corner of the dash... If it is, it would be infrared as opposed to a physical probe/bulb sensor attached to the mirror.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Are you guys talking about the factory auto dim mirror? Mine display the compress, I didn’t know that it displays the temp. also. :?:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Janos said:
Thanks rav4less.......

Question 2....... know the locations of the sensors? :D
Yes , It's right in front of the lower grille on the right side looking at the font of the car. It looks like a small black plastic spark plug kind of shape. Maybe a small probe shape also...

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The G Man said:
Are you guys talking about the factory auto dim mirror? Mine display the compress, I didn’t know that it displays the temp. also. :?:
Yes, the factory auto dim mirro displays direction and temp and has 2 lights in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts