Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2020 Limited Hybrid. Once the engine is warm and while setting the thermostat anything above "LO," even 65 degrees, the air that comes out of the vents is very warm. I only actually get cool air when it's set to the lowest setting and even then it's still warm. I have to use the AC to get it cool.

Bringing in fresh cool air at highway speeds with the fan off is nice from time to time. Not in my car. Unless it's set to low, any air that comes out is warm.

I live in upstate NY so this isn't a huge issue until the hot weather arrives but I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this? I'm going to mention it at my first appointment soon.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have a 2020 Limited Hybrid. Once the engine is warm and while setting the thermostat anything above "LO," even 65 degrees, the air that comes out of the vents is very warm. I only actually get cool air when it's set to the lowest setting and even then it's still warm. I have to use the AC to get it cool.

Bringing in fresh cool air at highway speeds with the fan off is nice from time to time. Not in my car. Unless it's set to low, any air that comes out is warm.

I live in upstate NY so this isn't a huge issue until the hot weather arrives but I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this? I'm going to mention it at my first appointment soon.
I don't think my 2020 Limited hybrid does that. I have an almost opposite problem. Even when the synchronized temperature is off, and in energy saving mode, the driver side air blows warm air as it should but the passenger side blows cold. I would think in this case the passenger side should not blow anything. This makes the front seat area feel cooler than it should.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Any setting above LO is calling for heat when the outside temperature is cold. If it’s 25 outside and you set the dial to 61, you’re asking for heat. Can’t turn 25 into 61 without adding heat. :)

·
Registered
713 Posts
I thought the temperature setting was for the cabin, not the air coming in.
Of course it is. But if it's pulling significantly cold air in from outside, it has to heat it. Otherwise you'd be getting blasted with cold air, which is what will happen if you set the temp to LO.

I've found that using Recirculate in cold damp weather causes the interior glass to quickly fog up unless the A/C is also on to dehumidify. Recirc seems more useful in warmer weather when A/C is in use.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I thought the temperature setting was for the cabin, not the air coming in.
It has to be for the incoming air. Think about it, with dual zone climate control, how does the vehicle choose which cabin temperature to maintain? It's not like there's a compartment separation between driver and passenger.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's summer where I am 30-40C, air has no trouble coming out icy cold around 22C in the sun on hot days. That is on the eco setting too, sounds like you might have an issue

·
Registered
73 Posts

i have the same issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts