Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
I had a black car while living in Minnesota - keeping it looking presentable was quite a challenge, and if I were the buyer I would make the dealer remove their advertising from the rear. But if the RAV is in great shape and has been properly maintained I would still consider it, especially since Toyota in their infinite wisdom dropped the V6 for the 4.4 version.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I Don't knOw that I would leT black be a concern to me.

>:D

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a black car while living in Minnesota - keeping it looking presentable was quite a challenge, and if I were the buyer I would make the dealer remove their advertising from the rear. But if the RAV is in great shape and has been properly maintained I would still consider it, especially since Toyota in their infinite wisdom dropped the V6 for the 4.4 version.
You are right - black is just the worst for this area, but in all it seems
a great deal, and we won't confuse our vehicles. :) The dealer's decal comes right off. One hot sunny day I removed the same from mine in five minutes. It peels off letter by letter.

Two V6 2011s! I'm off to look at it at 2pm.

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
You are right - black is just the worst for this area, but in all it seems
a great deal, and we won't confuse our vehicles. :) The dealer's decal comes right off. One hot sunny day I removed the same from mine in five minutes. It peels off letter by letter.

Two V6 2011s! I'm off to look at it at 2pm.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out. :smile

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
black is not a color, it's a full time job!

Reactions: vanib and pico

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have a Black Forest Pearl that looks black after I used Turtle Wax Ice Paste Wax. I live on a gravel/dirt road that is mostly dirt. When it rains it's mud and when it doesn't it's dust. I'm wearing out my California Car Duster.:smile

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Thank you. That will be the bargaining issue!

The miles can be a bargaining chip, but overall it's not many miles - an acquaintance in our area has a 2007 RAV V6 with more than 250,000 miles and says that the engine doesn't use any oil between changes and he's had no problems, not even the dreaded coolant pump one - has only had routine maintenance done.

Also the RAV you're considering has an extended warranty.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Surely 68,000 miles is nothing to a 3.5L V6 engine? I think
that it's certainly well worth a visit to the dealer.
My V6 started running noticeably smoother after 50k Miles. I have 79,600 miles on her now. Gas mileage also improved with age.

Tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts