Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I am new on here and just purchased my 2020 XLE Hybrid, I am super excited for it and look forward to taking it outdoors to camp and enjoy time with the family while still getting excellent MPG on my daily commute. I am getting a tow package and also am upgrading to leather seats as I have three small children....

What are your recommendations for rooftop tents? How are the OEM roof racks? Is there a particular aftermarket roof rack that you would recommend? Any preference on light bars? What other accessories are useful for an outdoor enthusiast? Does anyone have a camping trailer? I am looking at the TAXA Tigermoth so a featherweight trailer. Just looking to get a little more educated!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Right now I have a Prinsu roof rack and I love it. I have 2 load panels on there so its more modular to attach cases or a RTT. I have a Gazelle tent coming in and I'm attaching a solar panel to a power bank with an AC outlet so that I use it for the blow up mattress for the tent. I'm putting on my Cali-Raised light bar this weekend and I'll take a picture of it when I'm done, but that's the best bang for your buck, or go for a Heretic or a Diode Dynamics one.
You can also get an awning for the side. I'm looking into the Front Runners quick detach for their roof awning so I don't have to haul it all the time when I'm driving to work etc.

·
Registered
2017 rav4
4 Posts
I couldn't find a roof rack I liked so I built my own, going to do an arb sun shade off the side with the enclosed sides to act as a tent. The 2020 may be more solid roof wise, i dont think i would trust the strength of mine to have a cab tent like a jeep or 4runner does. For light bars just find one that fits size wise for what you want ive run amazon and ebay ones and only had one issue that took 6 min to solder. For any light bar upgrade I recommend a heavy duty wireing harness and a relay with a inline fuse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts