Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, right now you guys are like a kid on December 25th in the morning. Me and a lot of other veterans of this forum had this same feeling. Isn't it great? Now, what would be the first mods you would do to your RAV4.3? If you had an opportunity to CHANGE something, what would it be?

Engine, Header, Upgrade Stereo, Exhaust Pipes, Flairs, Upgrade Wheels, Spoilers, Electrical System. Which one it will be?

H

·
0 Posts
I want a louder exhaust, but not a ricer type exhaust. Maybe flomaster, or borla? Then window tint. Then done. :lol:

H

·
0 Posts
Sweet Ride!! How does your exhaust sound, and how do you think it would sound on the V-6??

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hogpowr said:
Sweet Ride!! How does your exhaust sound, and how do you think it would sound on the V-6??
Well, to tell you the truth, when I first installed it only some alarms went off. But when I installed the new K&N Apollo filter [which is not legal in the USA] now ALL the alarms go off. To the point that I'm considering installing ANOTHER resonator. :shock: Those V6, with all that horse power WILL draw the attention of Borla and Magnaflow and even Bosol [again]. They will come out with a premium exhaust system. But I think it won't be cheap. RAV4 have set the standard to the point that Lexus SUV was made using the RAV4 concept. That said, I've been noticing that Suzuki, Honda and all the other competitors have already launched their products, because the V6 RAV4 is going to sweep the market. Watch next year SEMA around the USA. I think something will come out.

Thinks like Hella light, Exhaust, suspension [it's going to need it, trust me on that one :lol: ] Spoiler kits, Turbo kits. I'd advice to keep saving up, $50.00 every pay check. Depending on RAV4 sales, after market products will be available.

How do I know this? Well, when our RAV4.1 came out, no one really thought that performance parts were going to be available. But when the RAV4 started to sell, SOME parts came out. TRD made a muffler, Sway Bars, Ignition wires all through Waydo in Japan and some HKS parts. Petitte Performance had a turbo kit, Toyomoto, install one in a RAV4. Toysport installed a 3SGTE in a RAV4. But when power wasn't enough for the RAV4, I kind of saw that market dwindle a bit. So did the availability for performance parts.

Now, power isn't a problem. The market will follow. As long as the RAV4 keeps selling and Tuners like you guys keep asking for performance parts. A lot of people read this forum...a lot :wink:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Well, the car won't be mine, it's for my wife.

With that said, I'm switching out the cat-back, y-pipe, and possibly rigging up an intake for the car. I'll also slap on the SSR comps I had for my Lex, assuming the offset is similar.

I've seen dyno graphs of the V6, and it looks like they run really rich from the factory; most likely due to the ability to run regular gas with such a high CR. Since we'll be running premium grade fuel, I might as well lean out the A/F a bit for more HP. Not sure if the fuel controller the Tacoma owners are using is gonna work. Ideally, a re-flash of the ECU would be my preference.

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SeriousBlack said:
I want a high performance exhaust. With the way these RAV4's are selling, I would hope MagnaFlow or Borla will jump on this bandwagon.
Simple, just go to these web sites and ask! Go to Borla, Magnaflow, Bosol, Hedman, Stahl and ask if they are going to manufacture parts or accessories for your specific ride. Since this is a forum I'd advice all to go to one company. I guess Borla and Magnaflow would be the best.

Guys, it CAN be done. The old guys here went to Addco Anti-Sway Bars and ask for a specific ASB for the RAV4.1. they recommended a bar from the Celica. But then a problem of installation came up. We all went to Addco again. They sent us all, [free of charge] an installation kit.

It came with this kit

They sent us a better kit

Installed

What does it look like?

Thanks to Sig228, Derek [The Guru], Rooster b, dnylrq, and me, mensajero among other. So as you can see. It CAN be done.

RAV on, RAV hard. :wink:

http://www.addco.net/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts