Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well..
I guess I'm just not Up to Snuff with my Hybrid Driving Skills. :cautious:
I truly believed I was being the best I could be.. but, appearently.. it not good enough..

A 92.jpg

Harsh Braking and Hard Cornering~!
Awh Come'on~! :mad:
What does a Driver have to do to get an "A" around here.. Push it down the street! :oops:

How are you other drivers doing?

·
Registered
955 Posts
And God forbid if you take evasive action to brake and swerve around the child that just ran into the street. Double points off for "Harsh Cornering" and "Harsh Braking".

·
Super Moderator
10,366 Posts
Too bad our '06 V6 doesn't have this "feature." I'd be seeing how low I could get it. ALA my wife wasn't riding shotgun I'd sure have V6 fun with "Fast Acceleration!" An "F" would be really nice!

Reactions: Colonel and 21RAV

·
Registered
955 Posts
Too bad our '06 V6 doesn't have this "feature." I'd be seeing how low I could get it. ALA my wife wasn't riding shotgun I'd sure have V6 fun with "Fast Acceleration!" An "F" would be really nice!
I do miss my V6. When I was growing up we called these types of cars "sleepers." Cars that looked rather ordinary but hang on when you put the pedal to the metal.

·
Registered
🇨🇦 2020 RAV4 XLE Hybrid - Super White
1,068 Posts
I do miss my V6. When I was growing up we called these types of cars "sleepers." Cars that looked rather ordinary but hang on when you put the pedal to the metal.
I think the hybrid is a pretty solid sleeper to the uninitiated. My friend that drives a ‘20 A-class constantly badgers me hybrids are slow and that I’m too careful, typical gas to hybrid rivalry.

Well, one stoplight showdown later he hasn’t bugged me since lol. The torque delivery with an almost fully charged pack is clutch. I probably stacked it in my odds choosing a road with a steep descent getting there, max’ing B-mode (S mode in our RAV) to get that charge, but it’s all about working smarter, not harder right? 🤫

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the hybrid is a pretty solid sleeper to the uninitiated. My friend that drives a ‘20 A-class constantly badgers me hybrids are slow and that I’m too careful, typical gas to hybrid rivalry.

Well, one stoplight showdown later he hasn’t bugged me since lol. The torque delivery with an almost fully charged pack is clutch. I probably stacked it in my odds choosing a road with a steep descent getting there, max’ing B-mode (S mode in our RAV) to get that charge, but it’s all about working smarter, not harder right? 🤫
I can honestly say,
I'll have to take your word for it.. I will NEVER stomp my "Pedal To The Medal".. there were no test drivers of my vehicle.. it only had 3 miles on it when we opened it up ( Transport & PDI Setup ) So.. I have the oppertunity to break it in nice and easy so everyting seats just like it should. For the 3 1/2 years I'm going to own it ( Setting up to get a 2025 ) should have less then 15,000 on it when I Sell / Trade it in.

I just have to improve those Braking / Cornering scores.. :cautious:

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
My wife doesn't drive it any differently than a gas car and we still do well; mid to high 30's (non-winter).

When I baby it I pretty much get the MPG of the sticker. But I do love to pound it off the line. Its fun. Not as quick as my Fusion but I shock quite a few people. I enjoy it and if you cant have fun once in a while...whats the point? I could care less what the driving score is as long as I am saving more fuel than the average driver...and per my records we are doing WAY better. Average 25.xxish with our Sonata...she is 35.xxish with Rav. Good 'nuff for me.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I can honestly say,
I'll have to take your word for it.. I will NEVER stomp my "Pedal To The Medal".. there were no test drivers of my vehicle.. it only had 3 miles on it when we opened it up ( Transport & PDI Setup ) So.. I have the oppertunity to break it in nice and easy so everyting seats just like it should. For the 3 1/2 years I'm going to own it ( Setting up to get a 2025 ) should have less then 15,000 on it when I Sell / Trade it in.

I just have to improve those Braking / Cornering scores.. :cautious:
If I were planning to hold onto my car for only three years/15,000 miles then I would drive it like a rental.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If I were planning to hold onto my car for only three years/15,000 miles then I would drive it like a rental.
We Are Quite Different My Friend..:giggle:
If I keep it looking like new.. and Running Like New with low miles I can command TOP DOLLAR (y)
You can tell when you are driving a piece of junk.. you just can...
I want my $40,000.00 dollar investment to feel like it just came on the assembly line visually and mechaniclly for myself and for whoever is the next owner. I take care of my investments.. :giggle:

And I have a 2020 Honda Goldwing DCT to Accelerate when I feel a Need for Speed ;)

ONLY  MADE 2.jpg

·
Registered
955 Posts
We Are Quite Different My Friend..:giggle:
If I keep it looking like new.. and Running Like New with low miles I can command TOP DOLLAR (y)
You can tell when you are driving a piece of junk.. you just can...
I want my $40,000.00 dollar investment to feel like it just came on the assembly line visually and mechaniclly for myself and for whoever is the next owner. I take care of my investments.. :giggle:
Yes, we are quite different. I intend to drive my $40,000 investment for at least 10 years and 150,000 miles and then hand it down to a family member. Just like I did with my 2008 Rav4.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, we are quite different. I intend to drive my $40,000 investment for at least 10 years and 150,000 miles and then hand it down to a family member. Just like I did with my 2008 Rav4.
Thats Wonderful.. (y)
I will command $35,000.00 because by then.. a simularly equiped R4 will be around $45,000.00.
The Math shows my daily rental cost over a 42 month period would equal about $3.96 a day.
I think the R4 is worth owning for $4.00 a day...:giggle:

You just have to know when to move it to get your pleasure AND the bulk of your $$$ back.. 👈

·
Registered
955 Posts
Thats Wonderful.. (y)
I will command $35,000.00 because by then.. a simularly equiped R4 will be around $45,000.00.
The Math shows my daily rental cost over a 42 month period would equal about $3.96 a day.
I think the R4 is worth owning for $4.00 a day...:giggle:

You just have to know when to move it to get your pleasure AND the bulk of your $$$ back.. 👈
I hope your plan works out for you. Yes, a typical Rav4 will have a lower depreciation rate compared to many other cars but the depreciation rate that you predict seems optimistic to me. I certainly would not pay your asking price no matter how pristine the condition. And the 2025 model will likely be a new generation that is sure to have improvements in many areas including battery technology, safety, maybe self driving, and who knows what else. This will hurt the resale value of the previous generation Rav4s. But again, good luck to you.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hope your plan works out for you. Yes, a typical Rav4 will have a lower depreciation rate compared to many other cars but the depreciation rate that you predict seems optimistic to me. I certainly would not pay your asking price no matter how pristine the condition. And the 2025 model will likely be a new generation that is sure to have improvements in many areas including battery technology, safety, maybe self driving, and who knows what else. This will hurt the resale value of the previous generation Rav4s. But again, good luck to you.
Thank You..
This is not my 1st rodeo.. You underestimate what somene will not only Pay but Save by buying a "Like New" vehicle.
It's impossible to relate to a society that does not yet exist.. but, in 4 years the cost of EVERTHING will have risen..
Including the Rav4.
I'll take 30 to 35K and 3 to 4 years of use on 40K invested.
That's the way this game works.. you get out of one and move to another when the time is right.. that's how I moved from a loaded 2019 Camry XSE to a loaded 2021 Rav4 with VERY LITTLE pain in the pocketbook..;)

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
@crazyhorse ; I’m with you. We started out leasing our 2012, but ended up buying out the lease and are coming up on 8 years with it. Here’s the kicker - I work mine, not as hard as some, but certainly harder than most. Towing gravel, soil, lumber, junk, light off-roading on construction sites, family truckster, and zippiness fix when needed.

And the kicker is, it’s still at 17,500 km average per year (less km than most of similar age) and still runs like new. I’m not one to baby the vehicle for the next guy. I’ll maintain it and keep it in top shape, but I’m not going to hold back for resale value - 2020 is proof that any preconceptions can go poof in a moment.

2012 RAV4 Base FWD.
Upgraded to large front brakes and 3rd row rear springs.

Reactions: crazyhorse

·
Registered
134 Posts
I want my $40,000.00 dollar investment
Investment definition: the action or process of investing money for profit

No such thing as an investment when you talk about a depreciating asset, which is your RAV4.
I call it minimising spending on the black hole that is called "vehicle ownership".

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Investment definition: the action or process of investing money for profit

No such thing as an investment when you talk about a depreciating asset, which is your RAV4.
I call it minimizing spending on the black hole that is called "vehicle ownership".
Oh It's IS An Investment.. It's NOT AN INDULGENCE.. :D
It's An Investment In The Environment
It's An Investment In Getting EXACTLY What I Set Out To Do
It's An Investment In Toyota's Latest And Greatest 2021 Technology WITHOUT Gas Tanks That Won't Fill Up, Mirrors That Shake Or ANY Recall Issues That Plaque Earlier Editions..
It's An Investment In Getting A 2021 Rav4 That Has Not Been Test Driven AND DOGGED.. Only Having Shipping And PDI Miles On It ( 3 Miles When We Opened The Door :LOL: )
And Finally.... It's An Investment That's All Pay For..:giggle:

And I Fricken LOVE IT...:LOL:

·
Super Moderator
10,366 Posts
Okay folks this thread has morphed into nobody-wins arguments that have nothing to do with the original subject so I'm closing it.

Reactions: 21RAV
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.