Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That is the only one they have. Limited V6 [correction - 4 cylinder :? ] with JBL, side airbags, sunroof. The salesman himself even did not know it was there already. I found it online and the manager there said it just arrived yesterday. A base model will be there next Tuesday.

In short, the good:
1. Nice looking. Larger size, no big difference from the Highlander right beside it.
2. Runs very smoothly, very good view sight. The two-tier panel looks different from traditional layout, but stylish. Especially the airconditioner control, just perfect.
3. Spacious interior, the 5-9 sales guy said feel even better than the highlander. Don't know if he really meant that.

The bad:
1. Small wheel. Adjustable but only very limited range.
2. A little noisy.
3. The stand by tire blocks part of the backview, and heavy when open it.

I was told there would not be many in the coming week. Maybe after another two weeks more RAV 4 will be available.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I didn't think they released the V6 yet. :!:

Everyone on here said it would be early 2006 before we saw one of those. :?:

Did you drive it? How was the Power?

M

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are right, it is a 4 cyl. Sorry.

The dealer seemed have no intention to sell this model:?: He does not know much about this car. He denied very firmly the availability of 2nd row seats until he saw the brochure.

·
Registered
654 Posts
blove said:
The dealer seemed have no intention to sell this model:?
I got the same feeling from a local dealer in San Diego.

The Fleet/Internet Director was telling me that the "special" Internet quote was the MSRP since that's what they were selling the new RAVs for. He said it was because all the other dealers were padding on the price above MSRP but "they don't do that to their cars."

He didn't say anything else when I named 2 other local dealers that were ready to deal down from MSRP that's adverstised for the exact same model/options (and I'm not lying). I know of a dealer in LA with the exact model/options advertised $432 below MSRP. Still a bit high for me, but then again, I'm waiting for the V6. :D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How is the drivers seat compared to the previous model when driving? I sat in on at Camelback Toyota in Phoenix yesterday, but had no desire to take a test drive in rush hour traffic. Have to say the tan/gold color is very bland. It had to be pointed out to me, as I though it was another highlander. (they had a highlander of the same color parked right next to it) The exterior styling seemed a bit bland, and the rear ends porportions are odd. If you ignore the horrid color the front looks OK though. I think my 2004 looks a hell of a lot better, actually has personality, not a highlander mini-me. I would like to see how it looks i red though. I can't quite work out why Toyota felt the hill start assist was needed when they only offer an automatic. Subaru offered that option for years but is only useful when driving a stick shift.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Rienolf said:
How is the drivers seat compared to the previous model when driving?
I test drove both the 2005 AT and 2006 today. I thought the 2006 front seats were much more comfortable. The back seats were a little better in the 2006. The 2005 felt really flat and stiff to me.

Other things I noticed:

2006 definitely felt a lot more roomier and the ride is much nicer than the 2005. Although I'm not a big gal, :) I did like the extra hip room in the 2006. But don't get me wrong, there's not that much more space.

2006 much more peppier. Good acceleration for a 4-cyl. My husband, a V6 and V8 die-hard, was impressed by the pickup on the 2006 but not with the 2005.

I really didn't hear much road noise in the 2006 but I didn't take it higher than 48 MPH since I was on side streets. It had the 17" tires.

I'm pretty sold on the 2006 primarily because of the ride improvement. The 2005 reminded me too much of my current car. Now I just need to wait for the V6 model to see how much more pep that will be! :D

Oh yeah, the dealer said she doesn't anticipate a lot of V6 on her lot mainly due to the 4Runner. She also said that special orders will take about 4 months. :x If that's the case and I can't find the V6 with the options that I want, I may have to settle for a 4-cyl.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
4-cyl Sport in MA

I drove a Flint Mica Sport at Boch Toyota on the 24th. It was ok. I've been cross shopping between the RAV V6 and an IS250 - I know, big difference. All I have to say is that the ride is OK, the space is there, and it's too big. Also, the material feel cheap. It's like Fisher Price. This coming from a HUGE toyota fan who sold them in CA. Leaning heavily towards the more refined IS now.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am still considering the new RAV4, but I agree with you, the interior looks outdate and the material feel cheap. I am not sure why they say it's a 'complete' new car from ground up. I feel it's almost the same as my 03' RAV4 except it's longer (not a desireable feature for me as I prefer it small for easy parking in the city). The worse thing is that safty feature such as side-impact airbags and side curtains are optional while there are pretty much standard for competitors these days. I own both the GS300 and the RAV4 but I am bit disappointed with the features in the new RAV4, but I LOVE the extetrior of the new RAV4 though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts