Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's a question:
In Canada we don't get some of the extras like Entune apps. But I have got my iPhone6 hooked up and the car will play me text messages when they come in to my phone. Problem is I can't figure out how to send a reply! My son's new CR-V can do it (with his Android phone). Does anyone know if the CDN version of the Limited with technology pkg can do this?

·
Premium Member
7,942 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
It appears that the head unit may be more compatible with android phones from the response from Entune support.
http://www.rav4world.com/forums/124-4-4-interior/218873-contact-pictures-not-showing-up.html
Perhaps, but remember that Toyota's lawyers would rather have you crash your car tapping prompts and searching for an option to find it is disabled if you are moving than to allow your passenger to send a simple response.

The system is seriously frustrating.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Ya, I've got some basic canned text responses on my watch as well.
As far as email... Grrr... The thing reads from the beginning of the body, which 99% of the time is the HTML header.
Sometimes, it will actually provide a few words of the actual email, but for the most part, it really is useless.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts