Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off my rav is a 2007 4cyl awd. First battery light flicker happened on a cold morning drive. Just thought battery was low and would be fine after a drive. Well we lost steering and a bunch of lights came on. Got it home, did some researche and ended up changing battery and alternator. Still flickered and ended up doing the same thing. Did more research and installed new belt tensioner and belt, new battery terminals. Cleaned all grounds I could find including the current sensor on negative cables. And it still flickers! My 6 month old rides in this car and I have done all the research and it seems nobody has a definite fix for this??? Please help!!!!

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
First off my rav is a 2007 4cyl awd. First battery light flicker happened on a cold morning drive. Just thought battery was low and would be fine after a drive. Well we lost steering and a bunch of lights came on. Got it home, did some researche and ended up changing battery and alternator. Still flickered and ended up doing the same thing. Did more research and installed new belt tensioner and belt, new battery terminals. Cleaned all grounds I could find including the current sensor on negative cables. And it still flickers! My 6 month old rides in this car and I have done all the research and it seems nobody has a definite fix for this??? Please help!!!!
Seems like you should have it covered but....did you have the battery load tested and test the alternator output before you changed them out?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Can't offer any suggestions without a better understanding of the problem.

1. Have you had any further problems with loss of steering since you replaced the battery and alternator?
  2. Have you measured the battery voltage with the engine running to determine if your alternator is really working?
  3. Is the battery light flickering continuously or just momentarily after starting up in the morning?
  4. Does the engine turn over at full speed when starting in the morning.

·
Super Moderator
10,127 Posts
Many, probably most, times we never hear back from the OP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts