Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2020 RAV-4 LE Hybrid for less than two months. Today there was an unfortunate encounter with a Cadillac in a parking lot. More unfortunate for my car than the caddy. Bumper paint scraped off to the black. Picked up the super white touch up paint at the dealership immediately, but temp was triple digits so I did not attempt anything. I just feel like someone punched me in the gut. I have never had feelings like this for a car before. Advice??

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 XSE HYBRID SILVER
21 Posts
There are lots of places that could repair that for under a few hundred $$s if I am not mistaken (I live in Canada so im sure there's 15x more options wherever you live).

Looks like it would be a minor paint repair unless they'd want to repair the whole bumper but I'm pretty sure professional bumper touchups can be done these days WITHOUT repainting the whole thing.

Using a touch up pen usually gives mediocre results for something like that.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Thats a good video. He does some great work and is pretty blunt about results and what you get when you do "X".

·
Registered
300 Posts
My first was a rock on the freeway to the windshield, still need to fix it. The feeling will go away in time.

Touch up will make do, or make it yours.
If you are know you are going to keep it and drive it till the wheels fall off. You can get creative with stickers or a sharpie. White is a good canvas.

You will be fine.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Welcome to car ownership! It happens. It will happen more the more you drive it. I came into this car with the thought that I'm going to own it for a long time, it's going to get blemishes, these are not something I should worry about. Since I daily drive over 15k miles a year the car will never look showroom clean. The quicker you come to terms with it, the better. I agree with the above post about making it your own though, so many fun things you can do and this is an excuse to mod your vehicle how you'd like!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have had my new 2020 Rav4 for less than 6 months. It has <700 miles on it. It still has that new car smell.

So this is what I did to it last weekend.

I loader her up with dirt.

So she is all broke in now, and I am not worrying about that first scratch any more.

The new car smell is about gone too. LOL

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have had my 2020 RAV-4 LE Hybrid for less than two months. Today there was an unfortunate encounter with a Cadillac in a parking lot. More unfortunate for my car than the caddy. Bumper paint scraped off to the black. Picked up the super white touch up paint at the dealership immediately, but temp was triple digits so I did not attempt anything. I just feel like someone punched me in the gut. I have never had feelings like this for a car before. Advice?? View attachment 155303
I had a similar situation happen to my 2021 when I hit my friends metal park bench he had in the garage and his neighbor was parked in the fire lane making it hard to get in. I used an electric buffer and some turtle wax polishing compound I had around my house and the damage was completely gone. I was surprised since I removed most of the scrape by hand but I felt a deep scratch in it and wanted to yell at my friend for his messy unorganized garage and at his neighbor for parking where he isn’t allowed to park.

Long story short you can’t see the damage at all now. I wish I took a before picture but I have one on the after and the paint looks perfect again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts