Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had an extremely frustrating week. It started when three lights popped up on my dash; the brake, slip control and ABS lights. At first the brake lights were fine but the next day they were stuck on even though no one was in the vehicle. I had to remove the fuse to get them off. The next day when I put the fuse back the brake lights returned to normal and the lights on the dash were off. I had to drive to my Mom's three hours away so off I went. About half hour into the trip the lights came back on and my cruise control cut out. The next day when I went out with my friend to figure out the problem the brake lights had stopped working completely. I don't have my code reader with me but after some brain storming we thought it might be the stop lamp control as when we pulled it out it was obvious there is corrosion at the base of two prongs. I took the number off the part and called the Toyota dealer to order it. I was told they would call me when it arrived. I was hoping for the part the next day but because it was afternoon they couldn't guarantee it. Well they didn't call the second day so I called them. I was asked what vehicle I drove. I told him 2010 Toyota Rav4. He then had me give him the VIN number I guess in case I didn't actually know what kind of vehicle I drove. He actually said. "Yes you do drive a Rav4." He then tells me the part number 895A1-46020 is listed as a Lexus part as such the Toyota parts person in Vancouver cancelled my order. Apparently they don't actually inform the dealer ordering the part when they cancel an order but leave a notation on the order online. I find it hard to believe if they ordered the part for a vehicle they were fixing someone wouldn't have informed them of the issue. The stop lamp control actually has the number stamped under TOYOTA. They finally ordered the part; 895A0-46020 and I got it today. It's pouring rain and my mother has converted her garage into her garden shed so I am going to wait until tomorrow to see if the part fixes the problem.
I can't believe any parts dealer could run things so inefficiently.:surprise:mad::confused:

·
Registered
8,581 Posts
Have had rather similar experiences in the U.S. with a Sears Kenmore microwave oven warranty repair and some other situations. We used to have more efficient service. Sometimes it seems that we now live in third world countries in this part of North America!

·
Registered
2010 RAV4 BASE 4 AWD, 2014 Sienna LE
25 Posts
Hey

My 'stop lamp control' (relay) failed and I'm having the same issue. The part is clearly marked 895A1-46020 but shows up as a Lexus part and the 'correct' stop lamp control is the 895A0-46020!
Did you install the 895A0-46020 (replace the damaged 895A1-46020 with 895A0-46020?), did it work for you? Are your tail lights LED?

Thanks!

I have had an extremely frustrating week. It started when three lights popped up on my dash; the brake, slip control and ABS lights. At first the brake lights were fine but the next day they were stuck on even though no one was in the vehicle. I had to remove the fuse to get them off. The next day when I put the fuse back the brake lights returned to normal and the lights on the dash were off. I had to drive to my Mom's three hours away so off I went. About half hour into the trip the lights came back on and my cruise control cut out. The next day when I went out with my friend to figure out the problem the brake lights had stopped working completely. I don't have my code reader with me but after some brain storming we thought it might be the stop lamp control as when we pulled it out it was obvious there is corrosion at the base of two prongs. I took the number off the part and called the Toyota dealer to order it. I was told they would call me when it arrived. I was hoping for the part the next day but because it was afternoon they couldn't guarantee it. Well they didn't call the second day so I called them. I was asked what vehicle I drove. I told him 2010 Toyota Rav4. He then had me give him the VIN number I guess in case I didn't actually know what kind of vehicle I drove. He actually said. "Yes you do drive a Rav4." He then tells me the part number 895A1-46020 is listed as a Lexus part as such the Toyota parts person in Vancouver cancelled my order. Apparently they don't actually inform the dealer ordering the part when they cancel an order but leave a notation on the order online. I find it hard to believe if they ordered the part for a vehicle they were fixing someone wouldn't have informed them of the issue. The stop lamp control actually has the number stamped under TOYOTA. They finally ordered the part; 895A0-46020 and I got it today. It's pouring rain and my mother has converted her garage into her garden shed so I am going to wait until tomorrow to see if the part fixes the problem.
I can't believe any parts dealer could run things so inefficiently.:surprise:mad::confused:

·
Super Moderator
10,205 Posts
Rinit hasn't been on the forum since four years ago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts