Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im really having a hard time going thru this JDM rav4 project of mine i have a couple of JDM parts installed but i couldn't really get what other parts i should change for the 97rav im also having a hard time finding pictures in the net on what it looks like... if anybody could gimme some help id appreciate it... thanks!!! :D

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Hi kwikshift, welcome to the forums! :D

First off; you would probably get more useful responses if you re-post this in the 4.1 forums where we '96 - '00 RAV4 owners congregate. :) (Note from Forum Moderator - I've moved this article from 4.2 to 4.1 section. Thanks for pointing this out :D )

As for your question on changing your RAV to look more JDM (Japan Domestic Market); you could change the front turn signals to the clear ones. These you can easily obtain on eBay, and they are very cheap. Other than that, there really is not much difference between their RAVs and ours.

To be truly JDM authentic, you would probably have to change your steering column from left to right. :lol:

The Japanese also have more aftermarket goodies that are not offered here. But other than that, most 4.1 model RAVs look virtually the same. I know that in some countries, the spare tire on the rear door is located exactly in the middle and ours (U.S.) is offset to the right. Also, some countries have side markers and some don't.

Too bad we don't have much Japanese forum members. :( It is ironic that this is RAV4WORLD, yet not much members are here from the country that created this wonderful vehicle. :cry:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm change it from left hand to right hand... thats interesting... thanks!!! :lol:

if i have a chance ill show you guys some pics i hope it'll really look like a car from japan... hehehe

·
Registered
875 Posts
Another thing you'll want to do if you're really into this JDM thing is to get those long rectangular license plates. I personally dont' think they look that great since they're so much longer, bigger and more obvious, but it could add a little something something. not bad. I have a friend that ordered it from the internet. I'm not sure what's involved in having it work here in the states. You may have to go through dmv. just a guess. good luck wi/the project and show us some photos in progress and when you're done.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i already have the jdm plates they are authentic from japan just a lil dirty got it from a salvage yard here... ill post pics as soon as i can :D i even got the jdm tilted plate holders... theyre are bargain here too! :D
cost of the plates= less than $15
jdm tilted plate holder= less than $10
pretty cheap for those earning dollars hehe :lol:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just an update i ordered JDM wakaba driver badges... these are badges placed by race drivers/ drifters or just regular drivers in japan to show how much skill they have on the wheel... pretty much like soldier rankings with the stars and a like...

wakaba driver badges symbolize new generation young drivers
JDM wakaba badge cost= about $20

:D more jdm stuff coming up!!!

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
checho- i was thinking about installing that too but i guess the body kits were just too wild for my taste... and i really don't have the engine power to back up all those kits... but who knows... 3sgte??? hmmm we got lots of those in surplus here costs around $1,000 :lol: but for what i know there was a rav here in the P.i. that went turbo on a 3sfe engine and from what i heard it kicked a$$!

·
Registered
286 Posts
kwikshift said:
checho- i was thinking about installing that too but i guess the body kits were just too wild for my taste... and i really don't have the engine power to back up all those kits... but who knows... 3sgte??? hmmm we got lots of those in surplus here costs around $1,000 :lol: but for what i know there was a RAV here in the P.i. that went turbo on a 3sfe engine and from what i heard it kicked a$$!
3sgte is a god proyect but I prefeer to turbocharge my 3sfe (a simple installment like 5 or maybe 4 psi)and I mean 3 spoke rims (the jp ravs have them). about the engine power to move the kits, you don't need to install heavy chromed rims, it's better alluminium ultra light weight.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
3 lug rims? never seen that before hmm... ive seen one lug rims on the nissan gtr's... btw if anyone has links to JDM rav4 pictures id much appreciate it... thanks!!! :D

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my car almost looks like the blue one in the pic hmmm... without body kits and the rims... ahhh 3 spoke mags... i think those cost about $500 dollars here more or less.. . i want that rav... :(

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jdm isnt about accessories its about the make and build of the vehicle.

ie bomex kit complete package, volk, work, or advan wheels, modellista headlights, etc.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
quadoptix: i wasn't really looking for the JDM souped up set up rav4 im more after what it looks like stock in japan thats why i have all the accesories available in the japanese vehicles. :)

modellista headlights? are those the projector type headlights? well fabricators here could do those just give them a description of what it looks like... hmmm got an idea there... hehehe :lol:

·
Registered
286 Posts
kwikshift said:
quadoptix: i wasn't really looking for the JDM souped up set up RAV4 im more after what it looks like stock in japan thats why i have all the accesories available in the japanese vehicles. :)

modellista headlights? are those the projector type headlights? well fabricators here could do those just give them a description of what it looks like... hmmm got an idea there... hehehe :lol:
there is the headlights

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im pretty sure they could do that kind of fabricating the only problem is the round glass thingies inside i dunno what you call them... :D

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
just an update i got some new recaro seats for my ride the only problem now is to get the railings done
another mod i was planning to get installed this christmas is the fujitsubo GK jasma spec exahust :p

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re: The JDM RAV4 project

kwikshift said:
im really having a hard time going thru this JDM RAV4 project of mine i have a couple of JDM parts installed but i couldn't really get what other parts i should change for the 97rav im also having a hard time finding pictures in the net on what it looks like... if anybody could gimme some help id appreciate it... thanks!!! :D
Why dont you try the euro version? :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts