Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking with my brother the other day. He once was a Toyota freak. But we lost [or I lost] a vital source of information to Honda :shock: He does everything by the book. Well, Toyota started to loss in F1, and it never has won LeMans. He couldn't afford a Ferrari, so he moved to the next thing, Honda :evil:

He told me that the key to performance in the Toyota engine is the Air/Fuel Ratio. Their is a lot of power with just a few outer mods. Like a header, Intake and electrical system. No internal parts needed. Just a little wiring here and there. There are quite a few A/R controllers from Greddy, AEM, HKS, and Pivot among others. With a good MSD setup. You got some power, without a doubt. I haven't heard anyone in this forum tweaking with this,,,until know :lol:

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
I believe with an Apexi SAFC you can do some good tuning and get decent results... but all these must be proven on the dyno with a wideband oxygen sensor to really know the proper air fuel ratio's... feeling the difference isn't the same as actually seeing the difference... because without getting it on a dyno and just doing it yourself you will gain in some spots and lose in others.... unless you invest in a wideband oxygen sensor yourself....

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some tuners think that this item is for turbo only. Wrong, this can be used on a N/A engine and it works great. For the moment the S-AFC is a little out of my reach :wink:

My brother has it installed in his Honda Si. N/A! His Vtec was running very rich in high gear. The S-AFC fixed all that by reducing the flow of gas, once the Vtec kicked in, it had more then enough the S-FAC leaned it out after 5,000RPM giving it excellent power. Plugs [dispite plugs are very hard to read in Fuel injected engine] were a coffee with cream color.

What does it do;
The second-generation S-AFC II is a fuel computer that adjusts fuel/air ratio by modifying the air-flow meter/MAP sensor signal. The S-AFC features a user-definable, eight-point, adjustable fuel curve that can be set in 500 RPM increments. The range of fuel adjustment is +/- 50% at each of the user-defined setting points. On hot-wire vehicles, the Deceleration Air Flow Correction function is capable of curing the erratic idle and stall problems associated with open-atmosphere blow-off valves on hot-wire air-flow meter systems. The S-AFC is capable of monitoring and replaying the following data channels in Numerical, Analog Meter and Graph displays: Intake Manifold Vacuum/Boost Pressure, Air Flow Capacity, Intake Manifold Pressure, Karmann Frequency, Engine RPM, Throttle Position, and Air Flow Correction %. Due to the complexity of this product, A'PEX recommends having the S-AFC and other A'PEX electronics installed and tuned by authorized A'PEX Power Excel Shops.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts