Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least this one's a little more conventional, in a sense...

Shows four young adults driving down the road, camerawork from different angles inside and outside the RAV, all the while a peppy rock soundtrack, steady voiceover and large titling whenever a feature is rattled off -- lots described and the voiceover talks pretty much the whole way through.

The special effects, which seem to be in all major television advertising now, make their appearance as several different backdrops of location, driving conditions, weather changes and seasons flip in and out of each scene.

Now that's what I'm talking about! Sell the product! Not quirky, surreal video montages. Much as I appreciate their art, they may not exactly promote the RAV so well... :wink:

"...that one with the moving boxes..." and "...the one with the flying numbers..."

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I think it was the Nautical Blue, actually... I've only seen it once, but I know the other two commercials has Classic Silver RAV's, so you're probably right! 8)

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Caught the whole commercial again, finally -- well it definitely wasn't Nautical Blue, because it looked so light. Last time I didn't notice the all the people, cargo and a dog flipping in and out inside the RAV. The scenery changes are towards the end. I think it's definitely the most informative of the three TV ads. Can't wait for a commercial that highlights the V6!! 8)

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
karrock said:
Can't wait for a commercial that highlights the V6!! 8)
I saw one with the V6 this evening :D Showed a silver V6. Instead of the RAV4 driving on a course guided by a bunch of orange traffic cones... the traffic cones are shown chasing the RAV4 :lol: :roll:

Damn... if Toyota had spent this much on advertising the RAV4 10 years ago... they most likely would have been outselling the CR-V 4 to 1 when it hit the market :wink:

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've seen the silver RAV w/ gas prices sticking to it commercial and the silver RAV w/ boxes moving about commercial, but none for a blue RAV yet...

Saw the V6 Silver RAV commercial last night a few times too. Fun commercial watching them throw that RAV around like that. One thing they conveniently didn't show though were the electronic nanny's (traction control and such) going off and making noise when they were sliding around!! :)

Had my first moment in the snow when I pulled out and purposely gassed it a bit to slide the rear end out for some fun. Took a second to realize the beeping was the traction control icon lighting up on the dash and beeping to let me know it was working.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts