Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
I tell ya what......I've been to that site...... and was haunted for some time after. I don't need to see another beheading for the rest of my life. The scream still resonates in my mind. I'm really on the fence for sites like this. I almost wish I hadn't stumbled upon it.

Also, if soldiers see this stuff can you blame anyone for torture? My god, the emotional issues are staggering.

O

·
0 Posts
With all due respect, there is a warning on the front page, stating what is within. Why should it haunt you? you knew what was there, you had an option. I personally find such sites offensive and tasteless.

A soldier is a professional doing a job of work. Although it is upsetting for him or her to see such things first hand this is no excuse for a professional soldier to mistreat prisoners. To be unprofessional towards his prisoners shows a lack of diciplin which will show in combat, letting his comrades down when they need him most.

If we are to tame a lawless and uncivilised land, then we can only do that by bringing law and civilisation, not torture.

D

·
0 Posts
what I was trying to say was.......I knew exactly what I was going to see, but I don't ever need to see it again.

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry guys, its crawl, but it's the truth that a lot of people in the world are ignoring. This is the way the world realizes that we are not safe. Communication, the internet can help us evade another holocaust.

People in Germany didn't beleive what was happening, until they went to the camps. Auschwitz, Birkenau etc. We must never forget.

http://www.ushmm.org/
http://www.remember.org/auschwitz/

O

·
0 Posts
The internet is indeed an excellent means of communication, however there is so much garbage on it it is almost impossible to tell fact from fiction. A person in denial could claim that whatever is placed in front of him/ her is a fabrication, false pictures and videos are very easy to make.

I'm afraid that I cannot see the link between the holocaust and a goulish web site that is designed to titilate and entertain goulish people, I fail to see what educational service these sites provide.

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It illustrated the reality of war. That the English, Australians, Americans, Russians etc have been through. In war, there are no winners. Only death and pain. To be honest, I haven’t seen this web site at all. I only saw one. “Russian Soldier Brutally Executed”. It came from that web site. Need I say more.

O

·
0 Posts
So we need to study goulish web sites to establish that war is pointless excercise? Common sense tells us this. Try talking to a war vet, I'm sure that he will tell you that it isn't like it is in the movies.

The winner is the arms industry every time

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I AM a Gulf War Vet. The first time we went in, it was no picnic. But some people must need to see the reality of war. So then we can try to get along. But, the Israelis will kill more Palatines; Osama will try to kill as much Americans and allies countryman as he can. I guess it will keep going on and on. On this side of the world, Beheadings are never seen. Unless you are a serial Killer.

O

·
0 Posts
Indeed there are people who need to see the reality of war, we vote for them every few years, when they get a grip on reallity then the world will be a safer place.

I'm afraid that I still dont understand just how seeing a persons head being chopped off brings home the reallity of war. In war people die, whether you are excecuted, shot, bombed or trip over an brain yourself on the front of an APC, the common denominator is that you are dead.

These sites do not educate anyone, they are for entertainment, snuff videos if you like.

I have not entered these sites, I know what the insides of a person looks like, and I could have cheerfully lived my whole life not knowing, but if someone really wants to know, I suggest that they visit an abattoir, the bonus is that you get the stomach tuning smell too.

These people died for whatever reason, I find it disgusting that we as civilised people should be leering at their final seconds for entertainment. I fail to see just how seeing such things can help us to get along, rater they are more likely to stir up hatred and a desire for revenge which will perpetuate the cycle of violence.

The public need to know that someone has died, they do not need to see all of the gory details

K

·
0 Posts
The stuff shown on the website is something we forgot from modernisation. Not that it is a must for us all to know and not be gross from it. It is such that we forgot about death and mutilation in the natural world.

My daily job is something similar, so I do not find any problem in it. However, 99% of people will find it disgusting.

O

·
0 Posts
Some of the most important jobs in the world are what many would regard as gross.

Slaughtermen provide us with meat, sewerage workers ensure that our effluent is transported to a treatment plant, not running down our streets promoting desease, refuse collectors ensure that we dont drown in garbage, and environmental health workers remove deomposing corpses from their homes..I take my hat off to them all, and if your work is along these lines Kidong, I take my hat off to you too.

In the natural world the death of a creature is required so that others may live, nothing is wasted, it is all part of life.

My problem is with the desire of others to calmly view an excecution or mutilation for fun

T

·
0 Posts
I suggest everyone should watch 'Farenheight 911'
to see the political hidden agenda's which were the major
instigation to this 'waste of a time war'
Young lives being taken away for nothing..and as the time goes on some of us are forgetting its still taking place today!
Sad but true. :(
Besides I dont think anyone should need to have
those horrific visions etched in ones mind.

Just my opinion guys

O

·
0 Posts
The problem with F911 is that it tends to polarise opinion, those who support Mr B see it as evil lies and the maker has an adgenda of his own, those wo dislike Mr B see it as gospel truth with damning evidence against him, I see it as hollywood fiction based on real events but with some interesting questions

T

·
0 Posts
I personaly feel that F911 gives people another option for a more reasonable and logical explantion as to why this event may be happening....

but one could discuss this topic forever in a day... :wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts