Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so being on the verge of the beginning of transforming the Rav, I am starting with the sound. I didn't mean to start with it (was supposed to be the brakes), but I am starting with it.

My alpine headunit was giving me problems, and I didn't feel confident in my tinkering abilities, so I went and bought an Eclipse. MMMMM......even on the stock speakers it sounds great. Much better than the old alpine. The exact deck is the CD5425. Reccomended to those who are lookin for one under 250.

Well, after I finished the install, a friend mentioned he wanted the old Alpine for his GFs car. So he traded it for 2 old JL subs and an amp. The subs are 12 inch JLs, and one is missing the dust cover in the front. The amp is a Majestic Isographite Series 500 watt. I am thinking of installing them, one normal and the one without the dust cover reversed, on that amp. If the amp is too weak, he said I can get the bigger one out of his old MR2. Not sure what it is. I am going to go check all the specs, but what do you think so far?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
good deal

I think you did a good trade.. and off course get the bigger AMP.........

I mounted a pioneer 1 din navigation dvd player and the sound
of the std speakers is enormous against the sony cmd3300 i had in the car..

I still wanna upgrade the rear door panel... to a wooden plate
painted in the same colour with some woofers behind it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts