Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
And so the RAV4 Limited V6 we purchased started peeling 13 months after we bought it. I currently have an appointment with a regional Toyota rep to see the car at the Toyota dealer we bought it from. I am armed with multiple fellow Blizzard Pearl RAV4 owners peeling stories on 2009-2013 RAV4 models not being properly prepped that effected mostly the Tri-coat Blizzard Pearl paint color. The paint is peeling on the roof and passenger quarter panel, so far. Roof pic attached to show what I am talking about...

you may want to find out who the Dealer uses, Im am sure they send it out. And by going directly to them, you will probably cut the cost by 20%. But check out if they use a really good place.

·
Registered
25 Posts
you may want to find out who the Dealer uses, Im am sure they send it out. And by going directly to them, you will probably cut the cost by 20%. But check out if they use a really good place.
The manager at the dealership already ackloged they are aware of the paint peeling issues, and just needed the Toyota rep to approve the repaint. I previously brought the vehicle to 3 local body shops, including a shop that the dealer typical uses for paint repairs. All three shops informaed me that the “e-coat” was improperly prepped and the result of the peeling. With everything in place so far, I currently expect Toyota to handle the repaint. I’ll post an update when I get that confirmation.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I received my notification today. It involves Blizzard Pearl and Super White and it's only for painted metal surfaces. They don't mention model years so they must be going by serial number. If you bought your car used make sure Toyota has your contact info.
www.toyota.com/owners/

·
Registered
4 Posts
2008 to 2017 RAV4s in the above mentioned colours. So far just the USA but Canada should follow as well. Many other Toyota vehicles are included: 4Runner, Avalon, Camry, Corolla and Scion.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
13 Participants
Prisonbull
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing