Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I just learned this from my sales person at the dealership I went to, if you press the lock button, wait about have a second and press it again, and then wait about half a second and hold it down for 3 seconds it will start the car straight from the key fob instead of using the app. Fun quick way of doing it if you are close to your car! (apparently you need to be subscribed to the remote start app for this to work I believe)

·
Premium Member
7,426 Posts
This is old news, the Remote Start app which is part of Remote Connect also includes the ability to use the wireless remote to remote start the engine just as it would if it had a remote start system installed, but when the 6 month trial ends, so will the feature unless it's renewed for $8 a month or $80 a year plus tax, there's a long discussion on it in the Mods thread.

·
Registered
738 Posts
...and not available in Canada... still looking for a remote start solution that doesn't require a $900+CAD OEM solution...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey guys! I just learned this from my sales person at the dealership I went to, if you press the lock button, wait about have a second and press it again, and then wait about half a second and hold it down for 3 seconds it will start the car straight from the key fob instead of using the app. Fun quick way of doing it if you are close to your car! (apparently you need to be subscribed to the remote start app for this to work I believe)
You also can do the same with the unlock button, which opens all the windows and moonroof. You have to hold the button to open the moonroof fully. The dealer programmed mine.

·
Premium Member
7,426 Posts
You also can do the same with the unlock button, which opens all the windows and moonroof. You have to hold the button to open the moonroof fully. The dealer programmed mine.
That can be enabled with Carista as well as Techstream, it's a customization option that is normally off by default, not part of Remote Connect.

·
Registered
148 Posts
This is old news, the Remote Start app which is part of Remote Connect also includes the ability to use the wireless remote to remote start the engine just as it would if it had a remote start system installed, but when the 6 month trial ends, so will the feature unless it's renewed for $8 a month or $80 a year plus tax, there's a long discussion on it in the Mods thread.

New news. My dealer told me today when I picked up my new RAV4 that the key fob remote start will work for 10 years without a Remote Connect subscription.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,426 Posts
New news. My dealer told me today when I picked up my new RAV4 that the key fob remote start will work for 10 years without a Remote Connect subscription.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's actually false news, the DCM could be good for 10yrs, but Remote Connect is only good as long as the subscription is maintained once the trial ends, there are a lot of unhappy Camry owners that thought the same as your dealer does until the wireless remote quit remote starting and they got a message on the Entune head unit to renew their subscription. Best advice is don't rely on what the dealer tells you, if their lips are moving, they're lying.

Regarding remote start, I thought I would venture over to a Camry forum for some insight and it seems as though there are a lot of owners upset when they noticed they couldn't remote start with the key fob anymore. They saw a notice on the head unit display to renew their Remote Connect subscription and the remote start function being disabled.

So it looks as though remote start is something Toyota believes we should pay for as part of a subscription.

So I will way the option of paying monthly for it a couple months out of the year or purchasing an aftermarket plug and play unit later on down the road.
https://www.toyota.com/content/entune/responsive/pdf/Connected_Services_Pricing.pdf

·
Premium Member
7,426 Posts
Details from Toyota attached.
Kudos to your dealer and you for sharing that change, I stand corrected! Maybe all those Camry owner complaints made a difference! I clicked the link in the .pdf which took me to the Connected services website, the Remote Connect page now has a similar ,pdf link. Now those that declined Connected Services might want to restore it if they can.

Thanks!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Still miffed that the Remote Connect features are not available to Canadian market, especially now that it looks like the remote start via keyfob functionality will be available for 10 years.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Still miffed that the Remote Connect features are not available to Canadian market, especially now that it looks like the remote start via keyfob functionality will be available for 10 years.
Yeah bummed about that too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts