Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

281 - 282 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts

give this site a read...compelling argument to be made for their product vs all the denim that has been posted.
Interesting, but likely more relevant to vans vs where it’s being placed in our RAV4s. I doubt the inner door skin gets much (if any) condensation. It’s within the door, not the outer door skin or up against the actual wall of the van. The cloth seats in my cars have never gotten moldy. I don’t think cotton on the interior side of the car door would either.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Interesting, but likely more relevant to vans vs where it’s being placed in our RAV4s. I doubt the inner door skin gets much (if any) condensation. It’s within the door, not the outer door skin or up against the actual wall of the van. The cloth seats in my cars have never gotten moldy. I don’t think cotton on the interior side of the car door would either.
while I agree with you, i never thought my brand new RAV would have water running down my A pillar the first day I got it either. :)

I'm not selling the stuff, but some folks might opt for a more "natural" sound/thermal insulator. Personally, I'd prefer to use an open cell foam and a some layers of sound deadener. Whatever they used in my Land Cruiser worked...because my RAV sounds like a rattle trap compared to my LC...but then again, another $50k gets you quiet, among other things.

281 - 282 of 282 Posts