Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone.
I was just wondering what you think of my problem.

I have a buffering noise that starts around 30km per hour and gets louder as I go faster. It sounds like it's coming from the tires. I rotated the tires to see if it would change the noise, but all it did was change the pitch of the noise. I have no vibration or staking in the steering wheel. And the wear on the tiers looks normal to me. I have it booked in for a wheel balance next week.

What do you think my problem is??
Thanks a lot

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Do you have the stock oem tires? Are they the toyo transpath tires? Those are very noisy when they start to wear down regardless if the wear is even or not. You may find(hopefully you dont) that even when balanced, aligned etc they will still make a noise. At least mine did. Hope that helps.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tire

I can't remember the brand, but they are the factory tires.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tyre noise

There have been many threads here on this inherent Rav problem.

If you run your fingers forward and back over the inner or outer segments of the front and rear tyres, you will most likely feel the edges of the rubber segments that have been stressed forward or backward. Sometimes rotating the tyres to the opposite side of the car will reverse this stress and they become quite for a while.

I will not go into my theory of why this occurs here as I have documented it in other tyre noise threads.

Brian

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See my comments on this problem on the "Rumble Thread". It's either worn tyres (can occur within the legal tread limits) or your trackings out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts