Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, looking at the installation diagram. It’s even easier then the Stage 1 module. In the Stage 1 module, you had to install two wires to the IAT Plug. In the Tri-Phase, it’s only one wire, and one ground, that’s it. The only real dilemma is knowing where to put it.

Looking at its size, it will be cool to install it inside the ashtray like Derek suggested. It’s a little smaller the 3" by 2". The trick is not to mess up the two top switches when you close the ashtray. One little observation. The instructions for the stage 1 came in handy. I just looked at the Stage 1 and I could instantly say which wire went were. Remember, this is a one shoot deal. You mess up on one of those wires, and you are looking at a heap of trouble.

Once the wires are installed, turn your key to Acc. If the red light goes on, your in business. If not, something is wrong.

Tomorrow, I’ll install it, and let you guys know how this works. If it is a dud, I’ll lt you know also. The next step is the Header. Then we will really know what position XX will do.

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Test done: Well, since I did have the Stage 1 previously installed. I wasn't waiting for neck breaking torque. So, I notice it needs a few more degrees in the ignition. An MSD system is a must. The Header will also give it a little more kick. On a scale of RAV4, I'll give it about 6 and a quarter RAV4 of effectiveness It ust needs some tuning.

D

·
0 Posts
Monsagero... I understand you are really busy but when you have the time I am wondering, like Derek, when he asked:

" Mensagero... for some of us who were not paying attention earlier, what exactly does the Tri Phase module do? Is it similar to the resistor that you installed onto the mass air flow sensor?

Yes, please let us know how it performs... curious minds want to know! "

I take it that the Stage 1 "REALLY" gave an improvement, what would be your RAV4 scale for the Stage 1 with no other upgrades.

What are you doing with the Stage 1 that took out?

Thanks

D

·
0 Posts
New Member, only been here for 2 months, the 99 Rav belongs to my Wife. She has had it for a little over 1 1/2 years, been thru 2 New England winters, great in the snow.

Just had the Timing Belt, Water Pump, Etc. changed, got all the info from here on the Forum, still have a lot to learn.

Thanks.

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Going back to the Tri-Phase. I've notice, as you guys have also. It has two switches. One is the off and on switch. The other one has + and ++ signs. :) . Well, I've used the 2 ++ position and I notice like a little sluggish. But then I use the + position, and it responded a little better. Which means ++ give it a little more gas, suited for Header and other mods. The + position, I guess is for slightly modified engines. I guess the Header is a must for the ++ position.

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What is Regular Gas? :wink: 93 Oct. Always. Where I live you need the power of 93 Premium Gas, always. But I'm telling you, it also needs a couple of degrees in the ignition and a good header. You feel the power that it their, but it just needs some more spark to get it going. A GOOD Spark. The module works, but it needs a little more help.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Mensagero, were you able to fit the ashtray/cover back in with the Tri-Phase installed? I am thinking that it is possible, however; you may need to hack off the entire bottom of the ashtray to get a nice snug fit. Then you will be able to get that "stealth" look we were discussing. :D

Just make sure when trial fitting it that you take into consideration the lid flipped into the open position. I notice that you lose some tolerance near the back when the lid is flipped up. Let us know how it all goes. :wink:

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, I gutted the ashtray. Leaving the lower part of the opening with only the spring mechanism. It opens and closes easy. I just didn't use the Velcro that the Tri-Phase bought to give it some room to move. But it is a tight fit. But the switches of the TP are not affected by the opening and closing of the ashtray lid. I used glass sealant to keep the upper lip of the ashtray from moving. It works fine. :wink:

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A little observation if I may. Man, it's coming around. Today I gave it a little blast and it fire down the road. Still say it needs some more help, like some more degrees on the ignition, and the header so it can really stretch its legs. The RPM tach was really moving to the 5k and 6K rather quicker. I'll keep testing and posting. 8)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey guys, i'm intrested in this Tri- Phase. I was reading up on the reviews and this one person has the Gold Series and said it was wild and he could't wait for the upgrade.

Two questions...will i be expected to use more fuel?
and will it affect my emissions testing?

Always greatful for your inputs.
God Bless all Rav-ers

·
Registered
302 Posts
Mensa, any updates lately on your tri-phase?

Now with your Header, how does it perform on sets + and ++?

can we use it on the 4.2?

CHEERS!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts