Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to the group and I love my Rav4, hopefully you guys can help me out with diagnosing this problem.

I have a 2010 Rav4 Base model and as of the other day, it barely pushes any air out of the vents. I have no check engine lights, all of the knobs turn fine, and when I move the vent selector knob I can see both of the gears moving. It just seems like system is pushing out a 1/4 of the amount of air as it should. The A/C still blows cold and the heat still blows hot, but both push the same 1/4 amount of air. When I turn the vent selector knob, you can maybe feel the distribution of air changing a little bit, but not much. Also, the blower motor doesn't seem to be as loud as it normally is. Not much quieter, but barely noticeable. It is almost as if the blender door is stuck in a position that is pushing air out of every vent. I looked at the gears spinning while I cycled the vent selector knob and they both seemed fine. Is there a chance the actual blender door can be broken? Also, where is the actual blend door unit? If anyone has any ideas or advice it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
9,123 Posts
A failed blower motor?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts