Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a call from the dealer a week ago , said that my Rav4 just arrived from Japan and on is on the dock ; should take about a week for it to arrive at the dealership for prepping... Well, its about over a week now, said that it haven't left the dock yet. I have been calling him everyday since. Now I know how some of you feel after been reading all your posts I've been longing to get mines too; hopefully I can see the light at the end of tunnel soon. :(

·
Banned
2,669 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
The dealer trade manager at Bill Penney in Huntsville, AL lied to me twice. I put $500 down on a specific Rav4 (had the VIN on the papers). Arrival date was set for 9 days from then. It was coming from FL. 9 days later, I went to the dealership, asked him to check the status of it, he went to check the status of it (or so he claimed :roll: ), came back & told me it had sold at the Ft. Myers, FL dealer. I said...you've got to be freaking kidding me!! He said he'd get me another one. I asked...did it sell right before I put my $ down on it? He said "Yeah, it must have sold within the last day or so."

Told him I was leaving for vacation in 7 days...that I had already sold my car...that he'd better get me one NOW. He said..."Don't worry...we'll find you one similiar to what you requested by then." I said how? There's only 6 in the entire Southeast that are white w/ a V6 & the one I picked out had the least amount of options. He said I'd have to pay extra if he got one w/ more options. I said...hell no I'm not.

Next morning, I called the Ft. Myers dealership, gave a manager the VIN...he said "It's not sold...it's here on a trailer...just came in from Japan...it has zero miles on it." I said...what the hell?!?!?!

Called my dealer back...said I had a major problem...spoke to the Customer Relations Director...told her they better get me the exact one I put my $ down on & get it now.

Hours went by & I had heard nothing. I had to call the Ft. Myers dealership back, speak with their trade manager, get him to call my dealer's trade manager to work a deal.

Customer Relations Director called back later on & said they were sending someone down to pick it up on a trailer & it would be ready for me the following Monday.

It was indeed ready on that Monday. When I turned the key over, it had 822 miles on it. I confronted the dealer trade manager who had lied to me initially...he said "I told you I was having someone drive it back." I said...NO, YOU didn't tell me anything...your Customer Relations Director told me it was coming back on a trailer. He said, "Well, we've bent over backwards trying to get you this car...we paid someone to go get it, his hotel stay & the gas." I said...forget about it...nothing can be done now. And I told him that he had lied to me about the car being sold.

My salesman told me "They were trying a cheaper method to get you a car." I guess they didn't care when it got here.

I bought it & am very pleased with the car, but not the service I received, which will indeed reflect on the review, if they send me one.

Had I not ever lifted a finger to get my Rav4 here, I have no doubt it would have taken at least a month for one to show up...and it likely would have had too many expensive options that I didn't want. So essentially, I had to orchestrate the entire process. :roll:

Oh yeah, their slogan is "100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed." Well, this customer didn't leave 100% satisfied....not even 1% satisfied. Prolly something to do being lied to...twice.

·
Banned
2,669 Posts
Do you know how to tell when salesman is lying?
Simple, look at his lips if there are moving.

Southeast Toyota is the worst. This is why I flew to VA to get mine.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys thanks for feeling it with me. Just got another call from my salesman said my rav just got picked from the dock and is going to be prepped for delivery which I hope won't take them another week. You know after reading rscotta831's story , something sounds fishy with these toyota dealerships or manufacturer. When I first ordered my rav I wanted a limited v6 with 3rd row, he said it was going to take 2 months because it had yet to be made at the factory. I said ok I can wait, 2 weeks later he told me that one was coming in 2 weeks so I said great. However I wondered if he was sort of lying in the first place that it still had to be made or the factory was really pumping out rav4s really fast. Well, 2 weeks had past and still no rav4 and after a month finally tells me it arrived at the dock almost 2 weeks at the dock finally arrives for prepping. I don't know If i would have to wait another 2 weeks before I can actually drive home with it. :roll:

·
Registered
264 Posts
The honest dealers usually have their latest inventory online. My salesperson didn't lie when he told me my RAV was fresh from the dock; had to wait one week though. 2 miles on the odo upon delivery. Definitely avoid dealers who give you the runaround! :x

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Talk about waiting and flying...www.fitzmall.com has had several v6 models in stock for weeks. In fact two silver Sport V6s loaded have been listed for almost 3 weeks.

A funny thing is the number of RAV4s "coming in " has dropped very low to 3. Could it be the model year is close to the end?

RAV4 guessing is part of the fun it seems.

·
Registered
233 Posts
My dealer told me that Toyota only sends as many cars as they sold the month before. So, having 3 cars coming in means they only sold 3 (what I cannot believe).

BTW, the 3rd row is still very much in demand and do not see them sitting on the lot much.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Well 3 does not represent what fitzmall sells. They seem to sell 40 50 per month. I confused things by saying only 3. it was about 15 two weeks ago but those are now in stock or sold it seems.

We shall see soon as the 2 week delivery cycle will end soon and they should get lots more. If not...then things are unusual.

And it is not true that dealer only get what they sold the month before I do not think. I have been trackng the SE region (try zip 34423) and the totlas go up and down each month. But they seem to sell 500-700 every two weeks or so.

Deliveries shoudl not drop this early unless sales are dropping. If 2007 get delivered in Oct then dealers need lots of cars in stock to get thru August and September.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I’m curious; in reading how hard these RAV4's are to come by, both here and on Edmunds. Would any of you waiting, ever consider buying a used one private party with low miles, if it had the features/color you wanted? I know the chances are slim to find one used, but I've seen a couple listed in AZ. Anyway, I was just curious if that ever crossed your mind.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I ordered a Rav4 Limited 4x4 V-6 on 6/12, since my dealer didn't have anything comparable in stock. When he took my order, I just got the feeling that he would be looking for something "similiar" rather than actually placing a factory order, despite what he told me. I was told by another customer that Toyota does not actually custom order cars because they deal through a regional manager?

Can anybody put me straight on how this actually works? I don't like waiting, but I hate it even more when I don't know whats going on.

I feel the pain for everyone in this situation.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My dealer says my RAV4 is "in port", but no more than that. He is also saying optimistically that I should have it by the end of the month. We shall see............... :(

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey people! the waiting finally over for me just drove home today thanks for your imput will be posting more on my ownership and driving experiences with my new Limited V6 with 3rd row Rav4. :D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We had no trouble finding our 06 Limited. I went on line for inventory in the area and found one in Delaware. The only option it had we did not need was remount start. I e-mailed the dealer for the Internet price and it was $2600 off sticker. I think we did well, all I know is it’s a big difference from our Chevy Tahoe. I talked my wife into buying the RAV4 and now she can’t quit talking about it. She called me yesterday and said she had drove 75 miles and the gas needle was still on full. Got to love that RAV. :D

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well...my dealer today said he should have my RAV4 sometime between today and Monday. We shall see............

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Corkster52 said:
Well...my dealer today said he should have my RAV4 sometime between today and Monday. We shall see............
Did he specify which Monday? :doh:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts