Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

there's a first for everything

5K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  sean9421 
#1 ·
Am I the first to lift my 4.4?

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Yes, click the little paper clip icon. Then under manage attachments you can upload up to 10 images using the browse buttons.

#8 ·
ya know, I wondered how hard this would be and how much it would impact drivability... I figured with how fine-tuned the suspension is, lifting it would cause some handling issues.

but at the same time, the camry ground clearance put me off a bit so I always kinda wondered in the back of my mind, how the Rav would take to being lifted.

Good work and let us know how it handles now that it's lifted. How much lift do you think you ended up with? Wonder what your ground clearance is now?

Thanks for sharing!

#10 ·
The ride quality hasn't changed at all. The struts, shocks, and bushings are all quiet and not stretched to their limits. Time will tell if are going to wear prematurely, bit as of now, no complaimts. I lifted it so a can go up a size in tires and also give me some more clearance for my (hitch mounted) bike rack and deep snow. I'll make some time to get some measurements for you after lifting it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.