Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to upgrade headlights, thinking on buy chinese or bake and install Nhk retrofit

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Suggest making certain that any headlight change will be legal. If a headlight is for cars in Japan people there drive on the left hand side of the road, for example, and the lighting will be aimed differently than from lighting intended for people who drive on the right hand side.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Retrofit will be a pain if you've never done it. If you can get the jdm or euro spec rav4 headlights. Get it. You can flip the cut off if it's on the wrong side for your country. There is a thread on here somewhere. Easy to do. Save yourself the headache of retrofitted headlights. Stay away from cheap Chinese headlights. Output wil be bad.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Don't believe rav4.32010, he did a great job on retrofitting. 😁I'm in the process of retrofitting as well since like he said, those cheap knock-offs may have other potential problems such as sealant. Lightwerkz has a video on how to bake and reseal the headlight assembly, I wished I had watched it before I dissembled an OEM Sport set that I bought, knowing more about how to deal with the butyl rubber.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts