Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this in the mail yesterday.

I have over 79,500 miles on her to date, and of course the RAV is immaculate, and I have the full factory warranty to 100,000 miles so I know I can get that good trade in price. The only problem though is I would want something new that is equivalent or better than my v6 beast...and there isn't anything out there like the v6 4wd Rav Limited.

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
Wow, the dealer's got customized messages off their printer to look like a personal memo! They're good!

Replacement is a bitch, especially with the warranty that you have.

Kia Sorento V6 , maybe but it will cost another $10K to get one. Might not be worth it.

·
Super Moderator
11,096 Posts
Nice try but keep your RAV4. The only thing wrong with it is the color. :wink

·
Registered
268 Posts
............... The only problem though is I would want something new that is equivalent or better than my v6 beast...and there isn't anything out there like the v6 4wd Rav Limited.
You got that right! There's nothing on the market now like our V6 AWD RAV4s.... JMHO!

Tommy

·
Registered
9,025 Posts
Apart from the memo's script-type print this is a typical dealer ploy. Replacing a V6 RAV with something similar is becoming more difficult and more expensive.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, the dealer's got customized messages off their printer to look like a personal memo! They're good!

Replacement is a bitch, especially with the warranty that you have.

Kia Sorento V6 , maybe but it will cost another $10K to get one. Might not be worth it.
Yep, I like that Kia V6 with a naturally aspirated 290hp and 11.5 compression ratio on regular gas. And a real transmission instead of those crap CVTs found on Honda's and Subbies. And only slightly less ground clearance than my old RAV (7.3" vs 7.5"). The Forester XT turbo looks good but needs 91 octane premium gas minimum and 94 octane to get the full 250hp. I need decent semi-off road capability for my yearly Colorado hiking trips so ground clearance is a priority.

And the Kia is a heavy beast, over 5,600 lbs GVWR! Definitely not worth the premium price for me.

Then there is the Jeep Cherokee (not the Grand Cherokee)....possible, but I won't be looking for a replacement for some years yet.

Tom

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
And the Kia is a heavy beast, over 5,600 lbs GVWR! Definitely not worth the premium price for me.
GVWR is fully loaded with people and gear plus the weight of the vehicle...the sorrento is only a few hundred pounds heavier than the rav...depending on the specs...i really like the cherokee trailhawk...i gotta go test drive one...

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GVWR is fully loaded with people and gear plus the weight of the vehicle...the sorrento is only a few hundred pounds heavier than the rav...depending on the specs...i really like the cherokee trailhawk...i gotta go test drive one...
Oh yeah, good point about GVWR. Kia curb weight for the v6, AWD is 4,004 while my RAV is: 3,699 lbs.

The Sorrento has a lot worse approach and departure angles than my RAV.

Yep, the Cherokee $$trailhawk$$ looks good with the v6. My buddy has a Grand Cherokee trail-rated and we love it in Colorado.

Oh well, guess I'll wait a few years before considering a replacement.

Tom

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'd keep the Rav if it isn't giving you any troubles. The new car feeling will fade after a few weeks. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd keep the Rav if it isn't giving you any troubles. The new car feeling will fade after a few weeks. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I'm always looking for something better (utility and performance) that I can afford since I really, really like to drive. But your advice is sound and I have to agree 100%.

With my 2010 RAV I've followed the Toyota maintenance schedule perfectly although it's kind of scary that I still have the original: ant-freeze, transmission fluid, differential oil, brake fluid, brakes, spark plugs and battery. I've happily spent many hours and $$$ probably over-maintaining all the cars I used to own so I'm amazed at the reliability of this beast with almost 80k miles and so little maintenance; just oil changes, tires and air filters.

Tom

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I'm always looking for something better (utility and performance) that I can afford since I really, really like to drive. But your advice is sound and I have to agree 100%.

With my 2010 RAV I've followed the Toyota maintenance schedule perfectly although it's kind of scary that I still have the original: ant-freeze, transmission fluid, differential oil, brake fluid, brakes, spark plugs and battery. I've happily spent many hours and $$$ probably over-maintaining all the cars I used to own so I'm amazed at the reliability of this beast with almost 80k miles and so little maintenance; just oil changes, tires and air filters.

Tom
I get emails weekly wanting my RAV. I delete them.
I have a 2010 with 65k on it, but I've already changed out the trans fluid and coolant. It's 5 years old.
It suddenly started cranking slowly last week, so went to Costco and picked up an Interstate battery. I'm good to go.:smile

·
Registered
126 Posts
I doubt you'll be able to find another car as good, let alone better...and your RAV should be worth quite a bit more than they're offering you for it. But that's just my two cents.

·
Registered
270 Posts
They don't really want your RAV4, they have LOTS of new ones on their lot they want to SELL you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts