Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Interior space. I'm 6'1" and have ample head and leg room in the driver's seat. Tons of rear seat leg room for adult passengers with front seats all the way back.

Handling: smart, tight, well mannered and sure footed. Cloverleafs are a blast.

I4 has surprising power. Great in the city. 25 MPG even with aggressive stop and go driving.

Confident off road performance. My FWD tackles construction sites and quarries with ease. Yea, there are more serious off roaders, but if I wanted to climb rocks, I'd buy a '71 Bronco.

S

·
0 Posts
1) 0 - 60 time
2) the interior space
3) back seat is extremely comfortable
4) 100% japan
5) its a toyota
6) It has 4wd option
7) it has v6 option
8) it has good gas mileage (compared to my Nissan Titan)
9) trunk accessories
10) you can fold down the rear seat to load more stuff

·
Registered
264 Posts
For the price, the RAV4.3 is unbeatable in:

8) Performance: lb./hp for V6 and agile handling.
8) Driver, passengers, and cargo space.
8) Style: the 18s and wide fender flares of my Sport are too cool!
8) Versatility: haul family, friends, luggage, sporting gear (road and mtn. bikes, skis, snowboards,kayak, you name it).
8) Above avg. fuel efficiency.
8) Toyota quality and reliability.
8) FUN to drive!!!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
- Drive train w/ 5 speed auto
- Comfort
- Ride
- Handling
- Roominess
- Option conveniences
- Reactive 4WD with VSC for stability in winter driving
- Styling (except for external spare tire)
- Toyota quality & dependability
Y'all have a happy & safe holiday weekend, time to take about a 700 mile round trip, first one for the new RAV!! :D

OC

·
Registered
75 Posts
The most surprising is the performance to gas milliage ratio. I know I've said it before on this forum, but it's absolutely amazing! I bet Toyota could even tune down a few HP to get even better millage without anyone noticeing. It's that fast!

The rear cargo area is deceptively large. I have a 99 4-runner for the last 5 years that I used for track days. The rear of the 4-runner would be packed with wheels, tool box, generator, cooler, bike stands and various boxes. I was concerned that the Rav would be cramped for space, but after some oragami procedures, everything fit without blocking the window! Removing the rear cargo floor and side floor covers helps a lot, what a smart idea! And the ride? 100 times better than the 4-runner with over 8mpg better and TONS of passing power! Towes liek a dream!

Oh, and the iPod assecory plug kicks ass! Especially in areas without radio reception!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
no torque steer when cornering and you have to accelerate.

This was a "Come to Jesus" moment in my 02 Honda CRV.

The RT4WD would kick in and the steering wheel would try to turn hard in the opposite direction you were steering if you weren't holding on firmly to the steering wheel

·
Registered
91 Posts
Heres just a few of mine, same as others I'm gonna type them out anyway.

White with dark interior
Comfortable seats
Very easy to drive (drives like a car but can go over curbs in coned off parking lots and not get hurt :shock: )
Lots of cargo room
Quiet for a unibody

Dislike:
Only available in Auto (I'm still a man and like to chose my gearing destiny albeit this is slowly changing for me)
Subwoofer would have to get promoted three times to get to the level of "shitty".

·
Registered
758 Posts
A simple feature that I like:

I’m not sure if this has been discussed yet elsewhere, but last night I found out by leaving the passenger door open all night, the car has an “Interior light cutoff feature”. If the ignition is in the “LOCK” position and a door is open it will automatically shut off after 20 minutes (see page 117). My heart sank in my chest when I looked and saw the dome light out. I called a meeting this morning; it wouldn’t go over to well if 10 Engineers came to a chair less meeting, this is a good feature :thumbs_up:

It might be a standard feature on most cars…..I don’t know, but I remember a couple of years ago on the SiennaClub, it wasn’t an option and parents were not happy about it.

B

·
0 Posts
Its kinda funny - only in America would a car that gets 24(ish) mpg be considered as getting good milleage. Most of the rest of the world consider anything below 30 mpg as awful.

Still, for a 3.5 V6 in a reasonably heavy SUV, I guess its not bad.

I drive 4wd SUVs because of regular skiing trips in the winter. I'm in a RAV 4 in particular because it offered the most performance and the least comprimised ride and handling of any SUV this side of a Porsche Cayenne (and its a hell of a lot better looking than that monstrosity). Toyota peace of mind is an added bonus.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts