·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) too much road noise on freeway
2) light steering

·
Registered
30 Posts
I disagree, after switching from a 2001 ford Taurus I am amazed at how quite the cabin is. I thought it was just because I had a new car that I could hear every rock hit the bottom but I think it is how quiet the car is. Explain what you mean by light steering(others may know what you mean but I don't).

This is not a flame I guess it just depends on what car you are comparing it to as to wether it is noisy or not.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Compared to our old 2004 CR-V, the Rav cabin is substantially quieter. We can actually hear the radio over the road noise!

I find the steering to be excellent, although I'm not sure what is meant by "light steering." Too touchy???

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Maybe he means too much boost on the power steering. Perhaps he like a heavy steering feel like the ones found on sports cars. Personnally, I think the steering boost is fine in the RAV.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
mcjaco said:
Compared to our old 2004 CR-V, the RAV cabin is substantially quieter. We can actually hear the radio over the road noise!

I find the steering to be excellent, although I'm not sure what is meant by "light steering." Too touchy???
I second it's quieter than gen 2 CRV's.. Just traded in my 02 CRV.

It does have more road noise than my Audi but they are not in the same class. Steering is lighter than my Audi but heavier than my neighbors Yukon.

To the original question..
No Home link
No "doors lock at speed" feature
Tire on the back door (personal preference showing here)

What I like...
Good miles per gallon
Good size for a grocery getter
Good location for oil filter (cartridge in the case of the V6)
Good resale value

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only thing that I don't like about our RAV4 is the front cub holders. They are worthless except for putting your cellphones there.

·
Registered
233 Posts
:shock: too much power!

:shock: too reliable!

:shock: too good gas mileage (George does not like that)!

:shock: too big cupholder (holds everything what I have tried)!

:shock: too big wheels (15" should do it)

There are plenty of things to dislike. I think it is good to stop here though, to NOT offend people! :roll:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hate, hate, HATE the rear door!!!!!!!!!! I would seriously consider paying a custom shop to modify it to open up like a real hatch back. Swing out doors are a parking lot liability, plus, having some overhead coverage is nice in the rain and heat.

Let through in a power rear window too. I miss that feature from my 4Runner.

Interior materials are kind of cheap, especially for a $29,000 vehicle.

Besides that, it's pretty nice. Love the littel storage compartments I keep finding. The gas millage/performance ratio is awesome. An AWD vehicle with this kind of power should not be getting more than 17mpg. I would even trade in a few HP for some additional gas millage, it's really overpowered. Not a complaint, just an observation :wink:

·
Registered
656 Posts
So far my only complaint is it did not come with a front license plate holder. There's a few states like mine that require both front and rear plates. The dealer just drilled holes into the front bumper.

Oh and I can't keep my foot off the gas. Dang V6. At least I'm getting everywhere much faster! :D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My biggest complaint is the front leg room. It's fine for me at 5-3ish. But my boyfriend, who is 6-8, can't ride in the passenger seat at all. And driving it would not be anything near fun for him. Though there's more than enough room for him to spread out comfortably in the back seat.... Now I know he's at the exteme side of height, and it's not easy for him to find cars that are comfortable enough to own. But they seem to be making the center consoles and the dash so massive and low in the newer cars. He fit in the last Camry, but not the new one. And the strangest thing, he's fine in my little Jetta - not great for him to drive but okay as a passenger. :?

·
Registered
652 Posts
JGTC-spec said:
The only thing that I don't like about our RAV4 is the front cub holders. They are worthless except for putting your cellphones there.
lol....... there was a whole thread complaining about the cup holders. But I don't see what the problem is. I've put everything from a can of soda to coffee in there and I don't seem to have a problem. I'm a spirited driver and they haven't moved. More of a problem to me is the height when you have a tall beverage.

I'd like to know what exactly is happening to all the people who are complaining about the size. IMHO I think the cup holder complaint is way overblown. :)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Other than my right knee always hitting the steering column (actually hitting the key), I have no significant complaints. I'm just too overjoyed with all the many other features and conveniences of this great vehicle to let one thing bother me too much.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Janos said:
JGTC-spec said:
lol....... there was a whole thread complaining about the cup holders. But I don't see what the problem is. I've put everything from a can of soda to coffee in there and I don't seem to have a problem. I'm a spirited driver and they haven't moved. More of a problem to me is the height when you have a tall beverage.

I'd like to know what exactly is happening to all the people who are complaining about the size. IMHO I think the cup holder complaint is way overblown. :)
I agree! I'd read that other thread before getting the RAV, and was kinda worried cuz my Jetta has crap cup holders! But I've had no problem. The only issue is I have to pull the tab up to "lock" the cup or bottle in place. But once I do that the thing does not move!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
JGTC-spec said:
I just stack my CD's in my cup holders :lol:

·
Registered
75 Posts
RAVERIN said:
[quote="

I agree! I'd read that other thread before getting the RAV, and was kinda worried cuz my Jetta has crap cup holders! But I've had no problem. The only issue is I have to pull the tab up to "lock" the cup or bottle in place. But once I do that the thing does not move!
Yea, i just got back from a bumpy, 4 mile drive with a large coffee (filled to the lip) in my cup holder. Didn't spill one drop or move one bit. Other cupholders would have spilled all over.

I could see if you don't move your cup to the front edge, so that the tab releasese, your drink would spill. Didn't seem that hard to figure out.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
My only complaint is that you have to pay extra for body protection features....... namely the mudflaps, body side moldings and the rear bumper protector. Most of these come standard on the higher end trim lines on most other makes - these are all extra even on our Limited line.

OC

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh, that reminded me OC! Having to "add" all the airbags at a seperate cost. Now, I've yet to really see one without the option. But really, this should be standard. It saddens me that car makers even consider this an "option". Safety should never be an option.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1. Better Stereo i would expect good quality stereo from Toyota.
2. Safety feautres shouldnt be an option.
3. Didn't like toyota is pushing unwanted options items to customers.
4. Key ignition features should come with base model.
5. Auto lock when driving and auto unlock when parking.
6. Gear shift method didnt like it.
7. Sunglass storage holder is very small and it is not able to hold my Ray-Ban glass with cover.
8. No coin holder ..(Honda accord comes with coin holder in base model)

1 - 20 of 92 Posts