Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,new to forum.have been reading a lot of posts and some say how lack of power they have.i will be looking at a 2000 fwd with 81k miles this weekend.how slow are these 2l motors? do they have a decent take off? does the fwd have much more power then a awd? the owner says it in excellent condition,garage kept,no accidents.what is the most i should pay if everything looks good? thanks,jld

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Drive it to find out!

Same HP, ... for FWD and AWD, but FWD weighs less and has lower rolling resistance. So gets better MPG too. But at the cost of no AWD.

OK off the line, but little passing power. Get used to the right lane. Quite suitable for a grocery-getter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I test drove a 2017 rav4 hybrid yesterday and I believe it has plenty of power based on my 2015 Nissan rouge which is AWD also. Dealer is looking for what I want, then will see if we meet on the price.

·
Registered
31 Posts
a 2000? Our 2010 V6 3.5 L is a ROCKET SHIP! Has all the power we need! Better be holding onto the steering wheel with both hands when you floor it!!

·
Super Moderator
11,109 Posts
What dies that have to do with the 2000 model the OP is looking at?

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
OP is looking at a 2000 RAV4 - not at a Gen. 3 with a V6 . . .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if its ok on take off i will check it out saterday.he's asking $4000 which is too hi for me.i would like to get it for about $3300.what do you think about that asking price? (he says excellent condition). my wife has a 2009 rav4. i like the more offroad look of the first generation. i am used to driving rwd vehicles. i currently drive an 02 tundra v8 which is really fast so i just hope i will be satisfied with a 2l motor. thanks for the info,if i buy it i will let yous know thank,jld

·
Registered
406 Posts
They're not slow and mine is 4x4 with bigger tyres. The performance does drop off the faster you go though, due to the poor aerodynamics, but still OK up to around 70mph,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i moved too slow, the day i called to go look at it someone bought it. i need to move quicker .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts