Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently looking for a DVD system to keep my son happy on longer trips (after all they have to buckled the whole time).

I am prefering something that can be removed but would also entertain the roof solution. Has anybody some recommendations or pics from their system?

Thanks,

Raffor

H

·
0 Posts
We bought a system that attaches to the headrest since our daughter is still in rear facing position. We needed it to be seen from more than one position in this case. We only paid about $120 for it and we really like it. Its very easy to put the DVD into and it is the type that the dvd is under the screen and not the flip type (if you understand what I am trying to say). We didnt buy a brand name but it works quite well and we are happy with it. The picture is pretty good on it I may add. The actual brand we bought is called Dual Audio Video, VDVD181, Mobile DVD player with car mount. It has a 7" screen and has a hard protective covering over it to stop the kids from ruining it. As I said we are happy with it and for the price of it we couldnt complain, sure beats the factory system for A LOT more money, and also the ability to move it as I mentioned before.

C

·
0 Posts
Ideally, I'd like a system that has the DVD player integrated into the AM/FM/CD unit on the console. Each rear passenger (i.e kid) would then have a headrest mounted screen, wirelessly connected to the DVD player. The headphones would also be wireless (to eliminate "tangles").

You could also take out the "display headrests" and put back the orginal Toyota ones when not needed (they don't need to be watching DVDs on the way to school). Problem is getting power to the display headrests (if they are wireless). Don't want to have to deal with batteries.

Thisway, the parents have control over what is played and when and you don't have to wire the RAV to get the video/audio from the front to the back.

Of course I have not seen such a solution (yet)

-Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts