Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just my RAV or are buzzing windows a common thing with other owners? If any of my windows are partly down, they buzz every time you go over the tiniest bump or on uneven pavement (isn't ALL pavement uneven?) and it drives me crazy. They're fine when they are fully closed or fully open. Is there an easy fix for this?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Just to let you know I have not experienced this problem. I am unsure what is causing that noise, but I would still assume you would need to remove the interior panel and then deal with that ever is casuing the noise. So it would be a Saturday afternoon project at the very least.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's definitely the windows

The roof rack and everything else on my RAV is tight as a drum. I know it's the window glass as the "buzz" stops if I brake my elbow agains the driver's glass while driving. My dealership lead me to believe that this is a common RAV problem (without a solution?) so I was curious if anyone else noticed this... I have tested each window and they all make the same buzzy noise if they are part way down and the car goes over bumpy or uneven pavement.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Re: it's definitely the windows

ken b said:
The roof rack and everything else on my RAV is tight as a drum. I know it's the window glass as the "buzz" stops if I brake my elbow agains the driver's glass while driving. My dealership lead me to believe that this is a common RAV problem (without a solution?) so I was curious if anyone else noticed this... I have tested each window and they all make the same buzzy noise if they are part way down and the car goes over bumpy or uneven pavement.
Hmm...it sounds more like a service rep without a clue. Unless they fixed this so called "common RAV problem" on my 05, then I think the service rep is full of beans.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Come east in the spring if you want to test it on uneven pavement........remember we got frost bumps here...... :lol: :lol:
I was amazed how good the pavement was on Van. Isle. when I visited my son.

Back to the thread.......I haven't noticed it but will definitely have a listen.........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts