Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up our new Rav Hybrid 2020 Limited yesterday. Tonight on the way home from church it was dark and raining. I am very happy I ordered the adaptive led headlights and the led fog lights. Tonight I was able to see just fine with plenty of light. The heated steering wheel along with the heated and ventilated seats are also very welcome. I also really like the auto parking brake, it applies and releases automatically. The drivers adjustable seat is very comfortable and I'm 6 foot 250 lbs. The reviewer mirror which uses a video camera will take some getting use to but I'm starting to like it. I'll post more as I get more miles and use.
Bill

·
Registered
89 Posts
Please point me to a thread where people discuss what would be wrong with the video mirror. I can't picture (pun intended) what people would not like about it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Adjustable lumbar support on the drivers seat is great. The passenger has no adjustable support.
Is the lumbar support in 'notches' or just like seat adjustment where it's 'free' and you stop when it feels right. Does that make sense?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Please point me to a thread where people discuss what would be wrong with the video mirror. I can't picture (pun intended) what people would not like about it.
I would think in the night with cars behind with lights could glare out the camera. My backup camera gets road grime on it in the rain and is distorted.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would think in the night with cars behind with lights could glare out the camera. My backup camera gets road grime on it in the rain and is distorted.
The camera automatically dims headlights behind you. It's the neatest thing.

·
Registered
260 Posts
If you wear glasses the video mirror seems distorted unless you find the sweet spot where the image is clear. Even then it is not great. I was expecting a video image similar to a back up camera but probably due to the mirror reflection, a clear image at various focal lengths is not possible. I still like having it for its intended purpose of using the video mirror when the hatch is filled with cargo, blocking the normal mirror.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Doesnt the xle come with them?

Color-keyed heated power outside mirrors with turn signal and blind spot warning indicators,73 and folding feature
There is no heated mirror indicator on my mirrors and didn't find a switch to turn them on. My 2019 XLE has the cold weather package but no heated mirrors. They fold manually. Tell me I am wrong and I will be happy.

·
Registered
209 Posts
If you wear glasses the video mirror seems distorted unless you find the sweet spot where the image is clear. Even then it is not great. I was expecting a video image similar to a back up camera but probably due to the mirror reflection, a clear image at various focal lengths is not possible. I still like having it for its intended purpose of using the video mirror when the hatch is filled with cargo, blocking the normal mirror.
I usually don't like to fill the cargo area up that high just in case of an accident. I guess I am use to using side mirrors from towing a boat that blocks the view anyway.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I had fog on my mirrors the other day. I think that when the rear defogger is turned on the heated mirror turns on, atleast I think it did on my XSE. I could be wrong,

There is no heated mirror indicator on my mirrors and didn't find a switch to turn them on. My 2019 XLE has the cold weather package but no heated mirrors. They fold manually. Tell me I am wrong and I will be happy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I picked up our new Rav Hybrid 2020 Limited yesterday. Tonight on the way home from church it was dark and raining. I am very happy I ordered the adaptive led headlights and the led fog lights. Tonight I was able to see just fine with plenty of light. The heated steering wheel along with the heated and ventilated seats are also very welcome. I also really like the auto parking brake, it applies and releases automatically. The drivers adjustable seat is very comfortable and I'm 6 foot 250 lbs. The reviewer mirror which uses a video camera will take some getting use to but I'm starting to like it. I'll post more as I get more miles and use.
Bill
Which model Hybrid did you get?

I'm waiting for the 2021 XSE Prime and I don't have a RAV4 yet, but in my Lexus, when I turn on the defroster, it automatically turns on the heated mirrors. I think you'll find this too in your car. Both are Toyotas.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yes I read that part of the manual. The wording is ambiguous as it can read as there are two separate switches, one for the rear defog and one for the outside mirrors when actually both come on with the single rear defog switch. Regardless, glad I have it as soon as I turned it on, the outside mirrors quickly defogged. I was just looking for the defog symbol on the outside mirrors 🌫, which the car does not have.

That's correct. This is on the manual on page 522.

View attachment 148276

1 - 20 of 32 Posts