Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
There is no heated mirror indicator on my mirrors and didn't find a switch to turn them on. My 2019 XLE has the cold weather package but no heated mirrors. They fold manually. Tell me I am wrong and I will be happy.
You're wrong. Heated mirrors come standard on XLE. Even the LE with blind spot package has heated mirrors.

·
Registered
536 Posts
You're wrong. Heated mirrors come standard on XLE. Even the LE with blind spot package has heated mirrors.
I believe this is correct. I quoted directly from Toyota website so if you have an XLE then you have heated mirrors. They have been tied to rear defroster as long as I can remember. My 10 year old Highlander has the same setup.

·
Registered
468 Posts
There is no heated mirror indicator on my mirrors and didn't find a switch to turn them on. My 2019 XLE has the cold weather package but no heated mirrors. They fold manually. Tell me I am wrong and I will be happy.
As already stated the mirror defrost/defog is activatied by switching on the rear windshield defogger... There is NO indicator on the mirrors, only for BSM.

·
Registered
536 Posts
As already stated the mirror defrost/defog is activatied by switching on the rear windshield defogger... There is NO indicator on the mirrors, only for BSM.
And this is confusing and departs from industry standard because most heated mirrors have that little heated symbol etched in the glass.

·
Registered
242 Posts
If you wear glasses the video mirror seems distorted unless you find the sweet spot where the image is clear. Even then it is not great. I was expecting a video image similar to a back up camera but probably due to the mirror reflection, a clear image at various focal lengths is not possible. I still like having it for its intended purpose of using the video mirror when the hatch is filled with cargo, blocking the normal mirror.
I have a 2020 rav4 Limited with the “video” rearview mirror and also wear glasses to drive. I have noticed, however, that it takes some experience when using the video feature to focus correctly. My preference is to use the normal rearview mirror, but if the cargo area is full (E.g. when I have it full of surfboards and my bike, for example) the video feature is useful.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2020 rav4 Limited with the “video” rearview mirror and also wear glasses to drive. I have noticed, however, that it takes some experience when using the video feature to focus correctly. My preference is to use the normal rearview mirror, but if the cargo area is full (E.g. when I have it full of surfboards and my bike, for example) the video feature is useful.
I need readers and I agree 100%. It seems that while the video is of a high resolution, I have to squint to take in all the detail. For this reason I prefer the normal rear view mirror.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The digital rearview gives you a much wider field of vision than the standard mirror. This is really helpful when driving on multiple lane highways.

·
Registered
360 Posts
The only time I’ve used it is with loaded cargo blocking the mirror or when the rear seat has someone sitting in the middle seat. Other than that I prefer the mirror vs the camera...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thanks for telling me I was wrong about heated mirrors. Finally tested them on my XLE hybrid and they did get warm. That makes me happy but thought they would have an indicator light on the mirror or at least listed on the switch.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts