Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did like the keyless of the Limited, but prefer the XLE. Mine's a '14 AWD, purchased two weeks ago.

I would think this is possible, because the wiring harness should be the same across the three models. It would require a new dash piece with the START button, but I have not looked into what else it would require.

~D

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
the wiring harness should be the same across the three models.
That's not always the case, there have been many examples of them using different harnesses. Recent years have seen the costs of copper and other parts increase to the point where making different harnesses starts to make sense. So in some cases - yes, in some cases - no.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Called a Toyota dealer about an extra keyless FOB. Told with FOB, laser cut key and programming it's $300. A locksmith told me $250, not sure if that includes tax.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
I did like the keyless of the Limited, but prefer the XLE. Mine's a '14 AWD, purchased two weeks ago.

I would think this is possible, because the wiring harness should be the same across the three models. It would require a new dash piece with the START button, but I have not looked into what else it would require.

~D
There's a lot more to it than a START button, Dan. For example, sensors in each door that detect the fob, sensors in the door handles that detect your hand, and a computer that connects it all together. Plus a lot more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts